• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Audio Expert

Anyone on the site an audio engineer type? I'm trying to figure out how to connect my hard disc based mp3 player into the stock audio system without going through the cassette deck or FM modulation.

------------------
Hal Jones
Lake Oswego, Oregon
95T Blk\Blk SportShift

You will need to tap in to a line level signal at 0dBu. This will most likely be internal to the unit. You will need schematics and have to do a bit of soldering.

You might get sneeky and just replace the CD changer with MP3 and tap in the CD audio line in the trunk.

Originally posted by scott:
You might get sneeky and just replace the CD changer with MP3 and tap in the CD audio line in the trunk.

Actually I created a little Y-connector where I have both connected. I'm going to order a switch so I can switch between the CD and the mp3. It turns out that the CD has to connected to get the stereo to operate on that input. I'm sure there's some communication going on over the m-bus. I was trying to find a spec for the m-bus so I could just fake it. Do you have access to the spec?

Back