• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Aussie NSX Restoration Project.

It looks amazing I have seen a few Brookgreens before and they do Pop
out at you for a darker colored car I like it.

did you lower it, the NSX rides and looks so much better lowered.
with stock rims though LOL

anything above stock the car bounces all over the road. like a jackrabbit

nice work bro

It is lowered yes. But not as low as it looks in the photos. Its on grass in most of those pics, and the angled pic you can see the road is off camber a little bit - but it is quite low.

I have a JDM / USDM rear bumper painted green along with a set of Wings West rear spats also paint matched, but I haven't installed them. I don't like the WW spats anymore. So I'm waiting for something else to pop up instead.

So, Christmas is over, and I've decided to keep it a bit longer, so its no longer listed for sale.
For Xmas I bought myself a Taitec R wing. I really wanted one for such a long time, and when I put it on, I hated it. It has however, since grown on me and is still on the car. Now I want to buy a DF or NA2 rear lower bumper half to complete the rear look.

After Xmas I got some gift cards and yesterday I finally got a chance to use them, so I splashed out and bought some minor camera gear. I already had a Canon 40D with a 24-105L (and a 50 1.4 with matching filters) however I didn't have any filters for the 24-105L. Being a big fan of the Polarizer filter in my previous camera's I splashed out and bought a $130 Hoya Cir PL filter to fit the 24-105L, along with a battery grip, some batteries and a new tripod.

Since I was at the shops spending up on gift cards, I decided to have the car washed while I did the shopping and saw a movie (Jack Reacher. Eh... 7/10, some good giggles but a lil silly over all). I parked the car outside for the night and decided today I was going to use the new camera stuff on the car, since it was now clean and all. Unfortunately as it was parked outside for the night, and the car wash place did a lousy job for $75, it was covered in water ring marks..... sigh. Thought about cleaning it, but figured with the Polarizer filter for the camera, it'd probably block out most of the rain ring drop marks in the photos.

Silly me forgot to take any thongs / shoes with me so I was kinda rushed as it was burning hot concrete and bitchumen I was standing on in the middle of the day during an Australian summer in Brisbane, which lately has been DAMN hot and god damn humid.

I didn't do any detailed pics of the interior, engine bay or boot / trunks as they are stock, so here's a few lightly edited pics from today's mini shoot / test day. I never realised before these pictures just how much the NSX reminds me of an FD RX7 or a C5 Vette from the pics below...

And yes, the soles of my feet are still stinging as I type this some 4hrs later...

048b_zps5d321e36.jpg

022b_zps6682e005.jpg

009b_zpsd4d81d0e.jpg

116b_zps367ba84a.jpg

119b_zps86730bde.jpg

044b_zps9b2c3eae.jpg

016b_zps6c145b5b.jpg

104b_zpsf6437f5c.jpg

078b_zpsd57f6c55.jpg

008b-1_zpse6b0bd89.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

oh, I also have larger versions of all images, if anyone would want some.

Last edited:
Beautiful car. Wing looks great. Glad it grew on ya.

that's a very smart clean NSX, even the skirts aren't overdone and great colour.

In that you could play "I'm in love with my car..." by Queen really loud, and be totally justified :smile:

Back