• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Auto loans -- buy out of "foreclosure"?

Ski_Banker

Suspended
So it's decided. No NSX-R. I want an F355 Spider. I know, my NSX is faster and better, but those cars are sooooo sexy. Way better than 360s and 430s IMO.

But I don't want to pay full price, since their prices are dropping due to the 360 price anvil being dropped on their head. Market now is 70-80k or thereabouts, but I want one for 50k. HOW??? Let's brainstorm fellas.

(if it were R/E, you'd just go to the lender, if possible, and negotiate a haircut. But I don't think most auto loans work like that -- securitized) :confused:

you should get a diablo:cool:

the only way to get one for cheap as you know is to get one raped, needing maintence, previous damage, or just not taken car eof which is going to cost more in the long run than one thats kept in top shape and costs $$

So it's decided. No NSX-R. I want an F355 Spider. I know, my NSX is faster and better, but those cars are sooooo sexy. Way better than 360s and 430s IMO.:confused:

+1 pretty much the best car ever. Ferrari looks have gone over the top from the "hey that's rad" all the way to the rediculous supercar look. (360/430's still look great though just over the top) You can easily get a great condition 355 for 50k. Pay 50k and then pay 20k more :biggrin:

F355 95 is best year more horse power and 20% failure rate on the valves OBD1 less $65k spider is cheaper than Berlinetta and Troof.

Diablo only one I want is VS in red cause you can get it in 2 wheel drive, though you can buy any VT and make it 2 wheel :biggrin:

Just sold my 95 F355 Coupe and got into the NSX world. Night and day difference between the 2 cars. And no, the F355 is faster unless you put a turbo or SC on the NSX, it won't stand a chance.

If you have a lot of cash to play around, get the F355. The best sounding Ferrari next to the Enzo. Even 360s and F430s can't come close to the F1 sound. The maintenance on the F355 is more. A major service on a 355 is about $8-$10K and $4-$5k for a minor service from an indepenent shop. The 360 is about half of the cost on maintenance.

The 360 is a nice car but it doesn't seem to hold it's value. Not sure if you are familiar with the porsche history but the F355 is like a 993 Turbo and the 360 is like a 996 Turbo. Overtime, 993s will be more money than the 996.

Hope this helps... I still have some parts in my garage(including a brand new set of Work wheels - custom setup for the F355). Hit me up when you get a F355.

Good luck.

So no thoughts on this?

I honestly don't think it's much of an option. The wholesale-dealer-auction market is so liquid that there's not much reason for a bank to take a substantial haircut. But I may be wrong, hopefully......:wink: :biggrin:

Yeah 1990s F355s are stupid hot and sound unreal.

But my 2005 NSX is faster, handles better and doesn't break. :wink:

what color do you like?

ill take a blue on blue or blue on tan hard top or convertible
maybe black on black coupe, and ofcourse f1 transmission :biggrin:

i think they need a meaner looking front bumper

i dont think your going to find a ridiculously good deal when a car can be sold any day for barely under market value, its not like the money/responsibilty/work involved with a house, its just a car

although shop around becaus you can find better deals (like a 97 with 30k miles for 90k as opposed to like a 98 with 10k for 75 or 80k)

some eye candy from ebay just becaus im bored

Ferrari_355_F1_Spider_2.jpg

Ferrari_355_F1_Spider_1.jpg

Ferrari_355_F1_Spider_7.jpg

f4e2_4.JPG

f406_4.JPG

f404_4.JPG

f3f9_4.JPG

2599352_2.jpg

2599352_3.jpg

2599352_22.jpg

2599352_26.jpg