• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Autowave Inc. Turbo kit Pics

also, if you just look at the difference in price of stainless 321 over stainless 304 or 316...you'd be surprised. i sure was...

i wish i could weld like that...i thought i was decent, but looks like i still have way too much to learn...

I am not bashing it. It is clearly the best kit available. I am just stating that if you run an economic calculation on what you get for your money the Lovefab kit is better. Furthermore, their pricing isn't consistent or an upgrade is due in terms of the post. CWI, phased array, MS ME, etc... I understand materials very well too, but this is overkill and the Lovefab kit is very good quality too. I could justify $12k for the Autowave kit, but just not $15.8k. It is almost two Lovefab kits at that price, and horsepower/reliability are not an issue with either.

I am not bashing it. It is clearly the best kit available. I am just stating that if you run an economic calculation on what you get for your money the Lovefab kit is better. Furthermore, their pricing isn't consistent or an upgrade is due in terms of the post. CWI, phased array, MS ME, etc... I understand materials very well too, but this is overkill and the Lovefab kit is very good quality too. I could justify $12k for the Autowave kit, but just not $15.8k. It is almost two Lovefab kits at that price, and horsepower/reliability are not an issue with either.

quality and price are all the decision of the purchaser...some people would get a gt-one 5.1 exhaust because of it's amazing sound. a majority would spend the money and buy it in stainless steel. some choice individuals would splurge and buy the same exhaust in titanium for the exclusivity and lighter weight. still, others will spend the price and buy it built out of iconel for its extreme material ability.

so the same exhaust in different materials costs what? 2.5k, 3.5k, and 15k? some people will do it, most wont. the autowave turbo kit is not for everyone, but for those who want the best in terms of engineering, craftsmanship, and materials, they have a solution.

you also have to consider the autowave kit is a very low production kit, while the lovefab kit is a larger marketed item where quantity is more. just till not too long ago, the lovefab kit was also in the 10k+ range...i think your "autowave kit is nearly twice what the lovefab kit is" statement is a little bit sided...

Well we can all agree on one thing, they make the best kit available. And if I had mad amounts of expendable income it would be mine.

Just went back and re-read the entire thread.
Looking at the attached pics in post #36 shows the attention to detail and thought that went into this system. Observe the slip joints built into the exhaust ducting. I honestly dont remember another street car with this. Not even from Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc factories.
They even radiused the WASTEGATE exhaust tube bends going into the main exhaust pipe; not a "T" which would surely be "adequate".
I personally like the way the effort/$ was spent in materials, labor, and engineering; not on polish and glitz. It shows the priorities involved and where the designers heads were at; Performance not marketing appeal.

Artwork.

Last edited:
Is this kit still available? I don't see it advertised anywhere on there websigt and have not seen any recent posts regarding it.

What's the price range for the kit now & what's all included?

Well we have now started are install on are second turbo system. This project is utilizing one of our in house custom built engines. Here are some pics of the unit installed on the engine out of the car. The jigs are spot on and everything is just falling together with the install. I should have this one up in running sometime next week and then I will be starting on are third installment of the turbo series as the motor is built and ready to go and the system is on the shelf and ready to be installed:biggrin::biggrin:

Those headers is a Masterpiece!!! I bet the response on them are Amazing. Do you make those for a Naturally Aspirated engine or for Supercharged ones?

Last edited:
Back