• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Autoweek chooses HSC as editors pick

What's not to like about this very thinly disguised forebear of the second-generation Acura NSX, the Honda supercar for everyday driving that's been with us in its present form for more than a decade? In the Honda Sports Concept (dubbed a Honda only because Acura isn't a brand in the company's home market) we get a total makeover of this Japanese-style Ferrari 360 Modena. Its aluminum frame and aluminum and carbon fiber body panels get even lighter and its angular dimensions get a touch tighter, while its drivetrain gets even better than today's still-special NSX. HSC retains the balanced midship V6 engine layout, but boosts output to more than 300 hp and links the engine to the wheels via a paddle-shifted transmission. We hope Honda cleans up the rear end before production by smoothing some of the lower aero packaging and dispensing with the bug-eyed tail lamps, but we can't help smiling knowing that Honda's concept-to-production timeline is traditionally one of the fastest in the business. With any luck, this Best of Show winner will ignite an all-out supercar war among the Japanese makers when it debuts sometime next year.

I like what I see in the few pics I have found. To me, it seems like the first really clear view of what the next NSX will look like. It looks good to me. I wonder what the price change will be, and when it might come to market...

If this isn't the next NSX it's certainly fooled alot of people. I'd like to think that Honda has placed a premium on weight reduction
and improving the already stellar drivetrain with the HSC. I don't care so much about numbers but about performance. A little more hp, a little less weight, and a little more driveline efficiency could make a big difference in overall performance. Thanks for the update, Netviper.

Back