• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Baby.

I mean, a real baby. Has anyone ever put a child seat in their car? I'm thinking about taking my 2-year old on a little excursion, and would love to take her around in the NSX.

My biggest concern is the airbag. I understand that the NSX passenger bag blows upward rather than toward the passenger, so would that mean that they don't have the risks normally associated with airbags and wee folk?

-Bob ('94 #496)

You should call Acura and ask them. The passenger air bag is pretty far from the seat when it is all the way back, so it may be okay. I would check with Acura first, though.

------
Acura Division
American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
1919 Torrance Boulevard
Torrance, CA 90501-2746

Telephone: (800) 382-2238
Customer Service: (800) TO-ACURA
Web: www.acura.com

There's a local guy here who has a child seat in his NSX all the time. I don't know what he did about the bag. I know there is a separate connector for that side of the system. You should be able to have it disconnected. I don't know about a switch but what I do know if that an airbag can be deployed if the system is accidently grounded. I would image you would want to be very careful about any switch mod.

Talked to Acura CS. They basically said "RTFM", but he was kind enough to read it for me. Basically, infant seat bad, toddler seat OK if the seat's all the way back.

Little Miss <a href="http://zia.flaminio.com/images/0005/zia-wrapped-in-a-towel.jpg">Zia</a> may be going for a ride...

-Bob ('94 #496)

Talked to Acura CS. They basically said "RTFM"

Shortly before his demise, my brother conducted a seminar there on customer service. It's nice to see that they remembered what he taught them.
biggrin.gif

Back