• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Bad Connection for Parking Light

The passenger side parking light right beneath the headlight has a bad connection and I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem. The light comes on and off intermittently and was replaced only a few weeks ago. After being replaced the light came on for a while, then returned to the usual sometimes-on sometimes-off behavior before now being permenantly off. Tapping on the housing used to get it to come back on, but that no longer does the trick. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Re: Bad Connection for Parking LIght

Bob1374 said:
The passenger side parking light right beneath the headlight has a bad connection and I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem. The light comes on and off intermittently and was replaced only a few weeks ago. After being replaced the light came on for a while, then returned to the usual sometimes-on sometimes-off behavior before now being permenantly off. Tapping on the housing used to get it to come back on, but that no longer does the trick. Any thoughts?

I had this problem several years ago.. I also thought it was some sort of loose connection. After hours of tracing wires, checking voltages, etc.. I ended up cleaning the socket with contact cleaner and replacing the bulb.. It's worked fine now for years.

Hope this helps..

Re: Bad Connection for Parking LIght

Thanks a lot, hopefully that does the trick. What an easy solution that would be, haha.

Back