• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Barrett-Jackson sells '95 for $47,300

I did several searches, and did not find this, but mod please delete if this is a repost.
The July edition of Automobile spotlights a 1995 NSX-T selling at Barrett-Jackson for $47,300. The car had 33,090 miles. I will add details later if this is not a repost....
Still, nice to see this at auction as a collectible.
-bruce

Nick's :tongue:

Based on the televised BJ Auctons, in many cases bidders have more dollars than sense. But you got to love that kind of advertising for our cars. Ron

Yes, it was in Autoweek. Nothing special, just a clean car. They mentioned they thought the NSX would become a collectible.

I have no doubt the NSX will become increasingly collectible. That still seems quite high for here/now.

Anyway, good for them. It can't be anything but good news for the rest of us.

Was that the price after all of the commissions were added on?

For a clean, all original, no modification '95 with low miles, the price seems to be right in line.

Details, quoted from Automobile (you might notice some errors, such as the engine size, but this is as printed):

SN JH4NA1182ST000174. Red over black leather. 3.2 liter V-6; five-speed manual. Ronal aluminum wheels. One ding on the lift-off targa top. Selling dealer claims that the indicated 33,090 miles are original. All trim is excellent, as is all glass. The black interior shows little wear, most of it on the driver's seat.

-------
The Story Behind the Sale
------
From 1991 to 2005, a visit to your Acura dealer was all it took to see, and possibly buy, a true supercar from Japan. In 1995, 884 NSXs were sold in the United States, a tiny fraction of the 97,151 Acuras sold here. That was also the year that the NSX, carrying an $81,000 list price, was first available with a targa top.
Today, collector interest is growing. With an aluminum unibody and other advanced features, the NSX has become known as a supercar you can actually use -- docile at low speeds yet able to run with many European exotics.
The selling price here is full retail for a 1995 model. NSX values still track like those of a used car, with older models bringing less money than newer cars. In 1999, Acura built fifty lower and ligther Alex Zanardi editions, which honored the Honda driver's two straight CART titles. In 2002, the NSX received its only notable face-lift, distinguished primarily by new fixed headlights.
----- page 114, Automobile, Jul 2008

Details, quoted from Automobile (you might notice some errors, such as the engine size, but this is as printed):

SN JH4NA1182ST000174. Red over black leather. 3.2 liter V-6; five-speed manual.

Only problem is that its NOT a 3.2...........

For a clean, all original, no modification '95 with low miles, the price seems to be right in line.

I disagree.

The car would have to be absolutely mint with "low" mileage which would be less than 20K. 33K could only be considered "below average". That puts the car at no better than an "A" grade and that tops out at $45K even. That car should not have sold for one dollar more than that under any circumstances, especially in this economy. Nice, clean average-mileage 97s are selling for mid-40s now.

Now I know where to sell my NSX! Even after the B-J fee the seller got well over $40K.

Last edited:
It would've sold for even more if Carol Shelby himself signed it. BJ bidders go nuts for american muscle.

Docjohn, you got that right! Crazy pricing in '08 sounds cheap just 9 years later...wonder what the number will be in 2026?!?

Just an asking price...I don't think it will sell for anything close to that

For some reason, I didn't even look at the original post dates and thought it was today. Not so crazy anymore...

Back