• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Basch Boost - Acura , Where are you?

Notwithstanding some "teething" problems, the BaschBoost system appears to be a real winner. 127 HP and a clean install for $5600? Impressive. Most impressive.

Now... I wonder, wonder, wonder, why Acura did not give us this level of value (as an option or after-purchase install) a long time ago.

Seems like Acura keeps missing the target.

I thought I would never make an induction change to my NSX. That position is under review!

I wonder, wonder, wonder, why Acura did not give us this level of value (as an option or after-purchase install) a long time ago.

Because they were more concerned with reliability than with value.

I'm not saying this unit is UNreliable - it's certainly still in its infancy in the development process. But there is a difference between reliability for any aftermarket unit, where anything that goes wrong can be addressed on an individual basis, and for a production car, where nothing should go wrong on any car. And Honda did a great job in maximizing the reliability of the NSX.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 26 October 2001).]

But there is a difference between reliability for any aftermarket unit, where anything that goes wrong can be addressed on an individual basis, and for a production car, where nothing should go wrong on any car. And Honda did a great job in maximizing the reliability of the NSX.

Along those lines, who here has gone with forced induction and had problems with their cars that are related to the super/turbo chargers?
Do you feel going with f/i has decreased the reliability of your car?

------------------
NetViper -= 100% Stock EBP 2000 Civic Si =- Still looking to get an NSX, but at least I can live life at 8,000 RPM!

Back