• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Battery Buddy

Hey anyone invest in a battery buddy for the times the nsx sits in the garage and is not used for awhile? I heard it is an easy instal and it stops the battery from depleating to low so you will always be able to start the car.
Sincerely,stuck in the garage in New York.

I just bought a Battery Tender Jr. from ATV for about $30. If winter ever comes this year I might even hook it up.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Russ
'91 black/black

I bought one of the Schumaker onboard battery chargers, and modified it slightly.
(sounds like a line from Home Improvement..)
I cut the black and red charger cables at about half their length, and attached insulated wire connectors to the exposed wires. I attached only the terminal leads with the six or so remaining inches of cable to the battery terminals,and when not in use, I leave the charger in the garage. To connect the charger, I just "temporarily" plug the wire connectors together.
The advantage of this setup is that it avoids the need to drill any holes in the car to attach the charger, and it avoids a bit of unnecessary weight. Really little or no extra effort to hook up the charger beyond what would be needed if it were permanently installed in the car.

[This message has been edited by westernb4 (edited 28 January 2002).]

pat.gif
I'm amazed that you would go to that much trouble to defeat what is arguably one of the best features about this particular charger - the fact that it's permanently installed, and all you have to do is plug in an electrical extension cord. Just bolt it in once (using a standard battery hold-down bracket) and forget about it! No messing with heavy chargers or connectors or alligator clips; you just plug in the power. And it's so light (ounces) that there's no concern over added weight.

Back