• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

BAY AREA- Where or how TO INSTALL THE CHASSIS/SWAY BARS??

baynsac

Hey I was wondering where the rest of you guys got your Type R chassis bars and sway bars installed? Should it be done at a place where they are real fimiliar with the NSX or any shop mechanic can do it ?? Also is there a install guide for the chassis bars and sway bars??
Any recomendations would be greatly appericiated. Thanks

I had mine installed at Hilltop couple of weeks ago. Just tell Don I refer you.

Phong

I had mine installed at Hilltop couple of weeks ago. Just tell Don I refer you.

Phong

Oh ofcourse Don. Thanks. If you don't mind can you tell me how much $ did it set you back? You can pm me if you like also if you dont want to post it here. Oh also did you only do the chasis bars or did you do the sway bars too?

Got my NSX-R sway bars from Prime vendor for $99.00 (NIB). Installed it myself.

Hey what size exhaust tips do you have? I assume they don't rub your 02 rear end? You installed the sways bars and did you also do your own chassis bars too?

Can a regular mechanic (not that fimiliar with nsx's with intructions) install these two suspension componets?? As my friend will do it for me but he gets scared to work on my car if its unfamiliar.

Oh ofcourse Don. Thanks. If you don't mind can you tell me how much $ did it set you back? You can pm me if you like also if you dont want to post it here. Oh also did you only do the chasis bars or did you do the sway bars too?

I just had the chassis bar installed with other maintenance stuffs, no sway bars, and the chassis bar installation was around 1.5 - 2.0 hrs so it shouldn't be more than $180 (hypothetically $95/hr). Hope this helps.

Damn I am so jealous of your guys that can do these tasks at home. How did you guys first get your hands dirty? Was it passed on to you guys by your dad/family/friends? Or did you just teach yourself little by little? Or did you guys learn it while working for someone else? I am just curious.
Man hopefully within the next 5 years I can be in your guys shoes and do all the maintanance on my own.

Hey what size exhaust tips do you have? I assume they don't rub your 02 rear end? You installed the sways bars and did you also do your own chassis bars too?

Can a regular mechanic (not that fimiliar with nsx's with intructions) install these two suspension componets?? As my friend will do it for me but he gets scared to work on my car if its unfamiliar.

I have the ARK-DTX exhaust. I think 3" quad tips? I only did the NSX-R sway bars DIY. I have a coupe, and I have a 93 rear end.

I have the ARK-DTX exhaust. I think 3" quad tips? I only did the NSX-R sway bars DIY. I have a coupe, and I have a 93 rear end.

I ussually don't like the older rear end but with your tips and rear wing it looks real nice and goes together real well.

I am trying to figure out what size dual tip will fit the 02 rear valance without rubbing as there is only like 6 1/2 " space in there?

I installed myself for about 4 hours. Installation was easy...I will cut the time in helf if i have to do it again.

Thanks Anthony, I will see you in little bit. Can't wait to take it for a spin tonite. NSXR chassis bars and Zanardi/Type S Front and Rear sway bars getting installed.:biggrin:

Thanks Anthony for the help. Car should of came factory this way. Much more predictable and still smooth as ever. The Type R chassis Bars and Zanardi's front and rear sway bars you can't go wrong for mostly Street/and some track driving. Has anyone else gone with the Zanardi front sway bar? instead of Type R?

I did mine on saturday fun ,i like it nice handling.

Mohammed Ashik

Hey Ashik,
Thats so cool that you did it yourself.
Did you do the Type R chassis bars and sway bars also? If so which sway bars Zanardi or Type R sway bars? I absolutely love the TypeR chassis and Zanardi sway.

Hey Ashik,
Thats so cool that you did it yourself.
Did you do the Type R chassis bars and sway bars also? If so which sway bars Zanardi or Type R sway bars? I absolutely love the TypeR chassis and Zanardi sway.

Yes i did it myself ,i had Zanardi and type R sway bar awhile back.I did chassis bars last weekend.Did you do yours.

Ashik

Yes i did it myself ,i had Zanardi and type R sway bar awhile back.I did chassis bars last weekend.Did you do yours.

Ashik

So you have the Type R front sway bar and Zanardi rear sway bar right? I got zanardi fron and back but next year I will try out the TYPE R front sway bar. Did you notice changes in your handling when you did just the sway bars? Any pros or con's to the type R and zanardi sway bars?
I did the sway and chassis bars together so I can't tell what they did indvidually but I love the overall effect it had.

So you have the Type R front sway bar and Zanardi rear sway bar right? I got zanardi fron and back but next year I will try out the TYPE R front sway bar. Did you notice changes in your handling when you did just the sway bars? Any pros or con's to the type R and zanardi sway bars?
I did the sway and chassis bars together so I can't tell what they did indvidually but I love the overall effect it had.

Yes two different sway bar ,first i did rear zarnardi and later type r front sway bar and now chassis bar every time i install sways i find the differance in handling .And the chassis bar i love it what a differance i should have done this long time ago.whoever is thinking of doing chassis bar dont wait do it.

Mohammed Ashik::smile:

Damn Ashik,
Your NSX is coming out real well. Nice choice in your new mods, it looked good before now it looks even better. Whats next?

Yeah I must say EVERYONE should do the NSX-R chassis bars. This should be like the first mod you do, right up there with Exhaust/Headers.

The bars have been sitting on my workbench for over a month now..........if anyone wants to come by and put them in feel free..........

Back