• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

BBSC on OBDII

just wanted to make a note... mojo got it backwards earlier about the reason for the resistor... it is put in line to correct a misfire above 7K rpm on some NSXs (both OBD-I and OBD-II). but adding the resistor in line lowers the timing signal on startup, thus creating a problem that didnt exist originally.... the no start-up. the relay bypasses the timing signals directly into the ECU, so they are un altered.... the resistor can still be used with the relay box, and cure the misfire above 7K if your BBSC experiances this and allow you to start if you are one of the unfortunate few that have both problems....

I still lurke around the board... just dont have too much time to post with the new job...

to quote mojo.....

"stay tuned..." :-D

jgtc2004 said:
AM I THE ONLY ONE NOTICING THAT THIS IS A 98 COUPE? WOW... NICE WRITE UP <----- no flames for my caps please :)

Thanks, although if you're referring to my car (the one in the writeup), it's a 98 -T...

MCM said:
mojo, how is it after a year?
Still running strong and without any problems. I've done some other minor mods to the car, but nothing supercharger related.

The only BBSC- related issues I've had were

1) the eurethane spider coupling in the shaft tore apart at the track, so I had to replace that; it was a simple repair, and not catastrophic

2) I had the typical problem with the oil being blown out at the track. This happens on high speed turns while in vtec, since oil is kept under pressure and is pushed into the valve covers. I've since installed (rather, Racer21X did) a relief line between the two valve covers and a oil catch can out of the front valve cover (full procedure described on DALMotorsports.com)

Otherwise, perfectly happy!

Last edited:
I should also note that I passed GA emissions the other day with flying colors. No O2 sensor mods or other tricks - passed fair and square.

Back