• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

BBSC Set-up Revised 410 RWHP @ 9 lbs

Hello guys after a few months in the works of finnally getting my water to air intercooler set-up in along with adding the snow performance methanol injection kit & the 9 lb pulley. Today I finnally had the honor of having Frank the tuner who done Armando's famous Miami Nsx come in from out of town & tune my Nsx & a few other Nsx's he had lined up to do at the same time.Our vehicles were all tuned at AWD Motorsports in Coral Springs Florida.These guys have a top of the line all wheel drive Dyno Jet.After my last post I had stated a few months back that I was running the 7lb pulley pushing 428 hp this was done on a much different Dyno than the one that was used today that is state of the art.I not sure how dynos can differ so much in #s from one to another but since this one we used today seems to be the newest style Dynojet out there we will use todays #s as official results.As usual nothing ever turns out to be as easy as you expect we started off the day by realizing we were not getting any boost reading on the lap top from my map sensor turned out after a little investigation that there was a tee fitting running on the vacuum line that fed the sensor .This was causing the map sensor not to read the boost .Now getting that out of the way we were finnally able to start tuning.Frank really took his time on dialing in the car correctly.He must have done at least a dozen runs before we were finnally happy.The first runs were only showing 372 hp then 377hp,386hp. I was a little upset at first because I thought the pulley that came with my used kit came with a 7lb & 10lb pulley. I knew we had on the 10lb pulley turns out the lap top was only showing 7.4 lbs at top end.We came to the determination that we must be leaking boost for sure after checking some hoses & clamps we had some boost leaking here & there. So we tighted the belt some more & retightened all the hose clamps.Back to the computer we done the next run and it jumped the power up 390hp then a few more adjustments 396hp.Finnally after a little more fine tuning we got up to 410 RWHP which was maxing out at 9lbs of boost going thru the after cooler at this point I was more than happy with only pushing 9lbs of boost .Although we hit this # I was still pist. I really thought the pulley that came with my kit was supposed to produce 10lb after the cooler & was looking forward to break the 450hp mark today, but I am happy for now Frank said he would get a 11lb pulley made for me if I could not get a hold of one.If anyone here happens to have a 11,12 or 13lb pulley let me know.I cant wait to go back in with the right pulley & yes this is on a stock bottom end so far so good .Although I am saving up to do the bottom end for future safety then I will aim for the 500hp limit.Here are the pics of the dyno results along with my new set-up.

Attachments

• Nsx Dyno results 410 hp.jpg
    Nsx Dyno results 410 hp.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 187
  • Nsx Dyno pics 010.jpg
    Nsx Dyno pics 010.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 171
  • Nsx Dyno pics 002.jpg
    Nsx Dyno pics 002.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 392
  • Nsx Dyno pics 003.jpg
    Nsx Dyno pics 003.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 285
  • Nsx Dyno pics 053.jpg
    Nsx Dyno pics 053.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 287
  • Nsx Dyno pics 051.jpg
    Nsx Dyno pics 051.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 263
Last edited:
THat's almost exactly how mine looked.. i put down 405 at 8.5psi, and the methanol, without additional tuning, added 21 rwhp to get me to 426 at 8.5 psi.

I have an indicator light that tells me when the meth sprays, and relatively how hard (by brightness of LED, and when it goes to the maximum output, it goes from bright red to bright green). It also flashes at me if there is no meth, so I know when to refill. Basch did a great job on the meth install, but tuning it was tricky, as the instructions SUCK. I finally got my AEM tuner at UMS tuning to dial it in on the dyno.

Damn I am SORELY tempted to go to 10 psi, but... I've dropped $30,000 in the last calender year on my two cars in just maintenance and minor mods.. and that almost guarantees $10k out the door...

Alright, I am ready to refund your money if you want to send the supercharger back now.:wink:
Great progress! Much safer setup now. Any torque curves?
Sorry if I was part of the confusion on the pulleys, I only knew what I was told.
You guys are greatly underscoring my faith in the abilities of the BBSC. Keep it up!

that's great number, onestepx. It probably a 10psi pulley, you're only get 9psi cause pressure drop when you run aftercooler( water to air intercooler). I got 7psi spring on mine but I only made 5.5 or 6 psi

Great numbers. What are you using to tune? AEM?
I bet its fun to drive. I can't wait to have time to install mine.:biggrin:

Rahim

that's great number, onestepx. It probably a 10psi pulley, you're only get 9psi cause pressure drop when you run aftercooler( water to air intercooler). I got 7psi spring on mine but I only made 5.5 or 6 psi

Doc , just run the wastegate vacuum line from the manifold instead of the compressor housing , you should get 7psi then.

Yes 96cst I am using the Aem standalone with the Aem Dual wideband UEGO & a triple gauge pod running 3 AEM 19-1 Data Serial Stream Guages.This way I can read my Boost/vacuum, oxygen sensor & AIT's at one time.

Thanks Doc I wasn't sure do to the fact that I bought my kit used I was never able to get a responce on my pulley diameter from anyone.If thats the case then which pulley should I get if I want to see 10 or 11lbs after the cooler.If anyone has a 11,12,or13lb pulley let me know?

Luis

Glad to see that you were able to have Frank work his magic on your car. There are few like him that have the knowledge and patience to customize the tune to the car and more importantly the owner. Enjoy the ride.

Armando

Thanks Armando it was well worth the wait.
Special Thanks to:
Armando MiamieNesex
Paul His Master Mechanic
Frank the Nsx Tuner Guru

Thanks Armando it was well worth the wait.
Special Thanks to:
Armando MiamieNesex
Paul His Master Mechanic
Frank the Nsx Tuner Guru

Luis

I do not have any more pulleys laying around, ask Frank who we had build them for us back when I was running the BBSC.

Armando

Looks good Luis. I bet it's a rush to drive! Great job and thanks for the heads up on your car. It's a beauty.

-Simon

Well, i am running the Vortech SC on my S2000 and with the stock 7lb pulley i made just under 8lbs at 8900 rpm. I have the Aftercooler also. So i dont think you are loosing that much boost from the aftercooler.

well ill tell u what, ive spent 5k on my 91 nsx putting in a new exedy clutch and new timing belt as well as recently having multiple valve cover leaks fixed. only formy bbsc car not to start. im told i need a aem. im just frustrated but your numbers make me a il happier. sell me a 7 or 8 psi pulley and ill give her one last try and go balls t with
the aem. got a pro tuner arriving in hawaii on june 8

if it started before the tech worked on the car, you might want to verify there's not some new unrelated problem before you fly a guy in to work the aem.

Hey snakey I believe I have a 7lb pulley left over.I dont think I will need it since I will only go up in boost not down.Im currently running the 10lb but i need to send the 7lb out first to get mearsurements for the machine shop once im done with that Ill let you know.

Hey snakey I believe I have a 7lb pulley left over.I dont think I will need it since I will only go up in boost not down.Im currently running the 10lb but i need to send the 7lb out first to get mearsurements for the machine shop once im done with that Ill let you know.

good deal.....7 psi will be good till I get the interkooler and fuel pump..

ordering a aem and 750 injectors and new cam plugs right now..shooting for 340 rwhp with the 5 psi...370 rwhp with your 7 psi pulley..

One thing i can vouch for on these nsx's is that they can be very fast with such little power..And too me 400 rwhp is baby power..

But even when my nsx only dynoed 310 rwhp it was a lil faster than my 370 rwhp C5 vette..

I can imagine that your 410 rwhp nsx would have taken out my 470 rwhp viper..

the 4.06 gearing, 8 k redline and light weight of 2900-3100 pounds and great arodynamics makes for a car that can do so much with so little..

.....Now if only mine would start.....

THANKS

Last edited:
Can someone post pictures of how the coolant tank is bolted on the fire wall. It seems i'm missing a bracket because it doesn't seem to bolt up to the fire wall.
Also is it hard to put oil in the motor once the shaft is installed? It seems that the cover plate for the shaft passes over the oil cap for the motor.

Thanks
Rahim

Yes it is difficult to put the oil i use a tall funnel with a skinny stem no more than 1/2 inch or less thick.Here is a a picture of where it goes.

Attachments

• Nsx Dyno pics 016.jpg
    Nsx Dyno pics 016.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
Can someone post pictures of how the coolant tank is bolted on the fire wall. It seems i'm missing a bracket because it doesn't seem to bolt up to the fire wall.
Also is it hard to put oil in the motor once the shaft is installed? It seems that the cover plate for the shaft passes over the oil cap for the motor.

Thanks
Rahim

If I remember correctly, the coolant tank bolts DIRECTLY to the fire wall. I have the screw holes to prove it.:mad:
I've seen, and done it myself, used the PCV hole in the front cover to put oil in if needed.
HTH

Well mine doesn't line up with any bolts on the fire wall, so I made my own brackets. So, far everything is looking good, I have to drop the oil pan next to weld the bung for the oil return line.

Rahim

Hey guys if anyone has a 11lb pulley for sale or can confirm the correct size of one please let me know Thanks

Back