• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

BBVNSX 93 EDM NSX - From Portugal!

Thanks for your nice updated on my CF parts.

You deserve big thumbs up!!! parts are well worth it and you were A+++ vendor during all the process! Couldn't be happier!

Yes! Another S Zero brother! I am aiming for the same look and also the same CF parts. I am also deleting A/C. :D

You have quite a project in your hands! will be following it :wink:

Because any carbon fiber part had been banned from my car 10 years ago. :) And getting something is more thrilling than having it, regardless what it is, house, boat, airplane, job, wife, kids, whatever. :D

We have similar tastes here, as all my CF parts are for function, so not visible! :wink:

Last edited:
Last edited:
Next it was time for NSX Type S original steering wheel installation, and since i don't really care about cruise control, i decided i would remove it to save some extra weight! 😉

There are some good reviews on how to do this upgrade, so i will share only some pictures, weight savings and part number for the horn contact if you want to use an original Honda part to make the horn to work without having to fabricate your own metal contact.

weight savings OEM/VS OEM Type S Steering wheel:

OEM (complete setup):

OEM Type S (Steering / Boss + Horn + small bits):

-6,48 + 1,09 + 1,13 = -4,26 kg (-9,39 lbs) :biggrin:

weight savings cruise control removal:

-1,81 Kg (-3,99 lbs) :biggrin:

Now for the installation:

OEM Steering wheel removed and Horn contact installed and wired:

The Horn contact you see on the picture bellow is Part number 35259-SH3-A02

The trick to avoid Airbag warning light error and keep your horn working:

And the final result:

Cruise control removal:

Before:

After:

Loved the final result!

Now for the impressions when driving the car:

The use of the lighter Type S steering wheel is a considerable upgrade on the feeling when driving the car, you loose a bit of comfort because you can now feel more accurately the imperfections of the road, but you also gain by knowing even better what your front wheels are doing. For me I just loved this mod, and I feel even more confident when driving the car.

Last edited:
Nice. I went from a momo wheel back to a stock wheel, then back to a momo wheel. The stock wheel made it drive like a boat.

That's really nice. Did you drive a Civic Type R? If yes, how would you compare the grip of the Type S steering wheel to that one? I was a little bit disappointed by the Momo Tuner.

Next it was time for NSX Type S original steering wheel installation, and since i don't really care about cruise control, i decided i would remove it to save some extra weight! :wink:

Now for the impressions when driving the car:

The use of the lighter Type S steering wheel is a considerable upgrade on the feeling when driving the car, you loose a bit of comfort because you can now feel more accurately the imperfections of the road, but you also gain by knowing even better what your front wheels are doing. For me I just loved this mod, and I feel even more confident when driving the car.

I fully agree with you, the lighter steering wheel is a big bonus when you drive the car.
Your car is a beauty and keeping it original despite all the modifications is real plus.
I've tried to do the same with mine except that it has the NSX-R 2002 look.
I'm sure the fixed headlights must be a big weight saving BTW.

That's really nice. Did you drive a Civic Type R? If yes, how would you compare the grip of the Type S steering wheel to that one? I was a little bit disappointed by the Momo Tuner.

Unfortunately I've never driven one... i like the grip better than the OEM steering wheel, but I think it comes from the extra thickness of the steering wheel, as the leather is quite "silky" (don't know if that is the right word to describe the smoothness of the leather)

I fully agree with you, the lighter steering wheel is a big bonus when you drive the car.
Your car is a beauty and keeping it original despite all the modifications is real plus.
I've tried to do the same with mine except that it has the NSX-R 2002 look.
I'm sure the fixed headlights must be a big weight saving BTW.

Thanks very much for the compliment John! Keeping the originality as much as possible is a must for me.
Fixed headlights are big weight saving for sure (i suspect more than 10Kg) but i decided i wanted to keep the pop-up look so i try not to think about it :biggrin:... for me is like the A/C... I don't want to lose it... but it would be big weight saving too... :biggrin:

Big thanks to Adnan [MENTION=20830]A.S. Motorsport[/MENTION] for "finding" all the parts to complete the Type S Steering wheel!

Last edited:
[MENTION=25813]Soundeffects[/MENTION] - Sorry missed your post!

I have weighed the car and got it corner balanced twice, first time when I installed the KW-V3 coilovers, and second time when finished installing my CF parts.

first time the car weighed ~1.350 Kg with full tank (1.436 Kg with me inside the car) you can see pictures here:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/170650-BBVNSX-93-EDM-NSX-From-Portugal!/page2?p=1812184&viewfull=1#post1812184

Second time Car Weighed 1.269 Kg but tank was at 2/3 (1.353 Kg with me inside the car)

Conclusion are:

1- car is lighter 100-110 Kg (my NSX is equipped with EPS and passenger airbag so it weights 1390 Kg with full tank on its OEM form)
2- owner is lighter 2 Kg :biggrin::biggrin:

At that time I was really happy with the corner balancing of the car, but since I've already reduced more weight, :cool: so i will need to corner balance it again! :wink:

[MENTION=19738]CB72[/MENTION] Your NSX is quite light with a Turbo setup (Recaro and 02 Front conversion help for sure)! That is a serious fast NSX for sure! :eek::biggrin:

Great write up and amazing parts! Have you weighed the complete car lately?

like with oil and gas, etc..?

Hi Bruno,

It would be a good idea to weight the car and do a corner balancing at the same time.
As you can see here (http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...ht-and-corner-balancing?p=1988701#post1988701) mine came out at 1301 kgs.
I forgot to mention that I have Recaro seats that drop a lot of weight!

Hi John!

Thanks very much for your input!

I still run stock brakes, been looking for a full BBK for some time now... I want a solution with front and rear aluminium fixed calipers, two piece rotors and dedicated Brembo e-brake.

But to be honest I'm still trying to find something that could mimic the 97-2005 brake bias as I already have the new ABS setup valved to work with the 97-05 setup (I have 02+ NSX-R modulator, but bias is the same for 02+ NSX-R). In my book Stoptech is just too much bias to the front (~62%) and Brembo to the rear (50%) and I want to get close to ~55% to the front. As reference 91-96 bias is ~61% to the front and 97-2005 is ~54%.

Been studing piston sizes to come to a solution... but still looking for the best setup at least in the paper... after I'm confident with the solution I will pull the trigger and see how it works on the car, in real world conditions...

What setup are you running? Racing Brake? are you happy with it?

Hi Bruno,

I haven't checked your whole weightsaving program but have you replaced your stock disks?
Racingbrake make nice two piece rotors that save weight: https://www.racingbrake.com/RB-2pc-Rotor-303x23-for-NSX-Rear-97-05-p/2007.htm
If you run the smaller disks there's an option available to use the 303 mm rear disks: https://www.racingbrake.com/NSX-REAR-91-96-p/2090-k.htm

Last edited:
im sure this will mean nothing to you haha, but i just went from stock 95 brakes to stoptech all around and the bias is perfect. i was debating the BBK selection but from what i saw Stoptech was outselling everything else 3:1 from either used or new. I know there are probably some better drivers that can really tell but ive taken it quite a spirited pace and let me tell you those Stoptechs do not disappoint no matter how hard i pushed. Stoptech also has provision for E-brake, i think i paid about $3000 all in for them.....just the front Brembo kit was double that.

Hi John!

Thanks very much for your input!

I still run stock brakes, been looking for a full BBK for some time now... I want a solution with front and rear aluminium fixed calipers, two piece rotors and dedicated Brembo e-brake.

But to be honest I'm still trying to find something that could mimic the 97-2005 brake bias as I already have the new ABS setup valved to work with the 97-05 setup (I have 02+ NSX-R modulator, but bias is the same for 02+ NSX-R). In my book Stoptech is just too much bias to the front (~62%) and Brembo to the rear (50%) and I want to get close to ~55% to the front. As reference 91-96 bias is ~61% to the front and 97-2005 is ~54%.

Been studing piston sizes to come to a solution... but still looking for the best setup at least in the paper... after I'm confident with the solution I will pull the trigger and see how it works on the car, in real world conditions...

What setup are you running? Racing Brake? are you happy with it?
Hi Bruno,

I have a homemade setup with Porsche 993 turbo calipers in the front that originally came from "Stop it" in germany.
As the balance was completely off, I had to design my own rear brake system...
I chose to replicate a 60% front bias with APracing CP 7600 4 piston calipers running on the OEM 303 mm rear disks.
This required fitting the Brembo handbrake system.
As you know, I have the 2nd generation ABS and the system works perfectly.
I use Pagid racing pads that I do not recommended for road driving due to their noise.
If I had to redo it I would go eitheir Stoptech as recommended elsewhere but you would need special small offset front wheels or the Tarox setup from Italy that works very well with the OEM rear brakes and the OEM front wheels I believe.
Two NSX owners use these here in France and are very happy with them.
The setup from Racingbrake has the advantage of keeping your OEM calipers.
For the road it should be good enough!

im sure this will mean nothing to you haha, but i just went from stock 95 brakes to stoptech all around and the bias is perfect. i was debating the BBK selection but from what i saw Stoptech was outselling everything else 3:1 from either used or new. I know there are probably some better drivers that can really tell but ive taken it quite a spirited pace and let me tell you those Stoptechs do not disappoint no matter how hard i pushed. Stoptech also has provision for E-brake, i think i paid about $3000 all in for them.....just the front Brembo kit was double that.

Your input is very appreciated! If i had to choose a BBK to fit on the car today, Stpotech would be high on the list for sure. The front Biased setup is on the safer side, and is close to the 91-96 Bias, so it probably is one of the best setups available at the moment.

How do you like the Stoptech e-brake? This is one of my concerns... as here in Portugal it is mandatory to have a fully functional e-brake to pass annual inspection...

Hi Bruno,

I have a homemade setup with Porsche 993 turbo calipers in the front that originally came from "Stop it" in germany.
As the balance was completely off, I had to design my own rear brake system...
I chose to replicate a 60% front bias with APracing CP 7600 4 piston calipers running on the OEM 303 mm rear disks.
This required fitting the Brembo handbrake system.
As you know, I have the 2nd generation ABS and the system works perfectly.
I use Pagid racing pads that I do not recommended for road driving due to their noise.
If I had to redo it I would go eitheir Stoptech as recommended elsewhere but you would need special small offset front wheels or the Tarox setup from Italy that works very well with the OEM rear brakes and the OEM front wheels I believe.
Two NSX owners use these here in France and are very happy with them.
The setup from Racingbrake has the advantage of keeping your OEM calipers.
For the road it should be good enough!

Thanks for the info John! My Prodrive wheels are very BBK friendly (ET 34 front and ET 36 Rear) I checked and they clear Brembo 328mm setup and also Stoptech 330mm. I will contact Brembo and Stoptech to see if they can offer something customized (rear caliper pistons). Probably I won't be very successful as the NSX is a really low production car...:rolleyes:

How do you like the Brembo e-brake? is it ok for street use? It should as it is an OEM equipment in many cars... the question here is does it works well with NSX stock hardware?

Last edited:
How do you like the Brembo e-brake? is it ok for street use? It should as it is an OEM equipment in many cars... the question here is does it works well with NSX stock hardware?

The Brembo e-brake works very well and it integrates perfectly on the NSX.
Be aware that it's not very light...
It must weight around 1 kg as far as I remember.
So around 1 Euro per gram!

Last edited:
well to be honest im using the brake as a parking brake and it works fine. ive not actually tried to stop the car at a rolling pace more than 5mph with it. Its basically just a clamp with some brake pads in it. It seems to work fine for parking etc. Im not sure i would try E-Brake drifting the thing at 60mph with it but it seems to work as advertised. I actually think the brakes are so good its a bit overkill for the street, i really only did it for the looks:tongue: but i cant complain when my eyeballs come out when stomping on them from 100mph to 35mph after seeing a police officer.

That's too bad - I just sold my Brembo F50/Lotus kit a few months back, that likely would have been ideal. The brake bias on that setup is great; at 55F/45R it's almost dead-on with the OEM NA2 bias.

The downside is the calipers are large and heavy (but your Prodrives should have no problem clearing) but if you're searching for that specific bias, looking into that kit could be an option. FWIW, I had the Brembo e-brake as well and worked fine for what I needed it to do.

Thanks for the info!

I've looked into those combination, but the front ones are big, and even my prodrives could need a spacer to clear them... also the weight of those is a concern, as I'm on the opposite way, trying to shave weight from the car :biggrin:

How did you like your pedal feeling with them? I ask this because bigger pistons can result on a soft brake pedal (more travel).

But Bias is spot on for what I want! :wink:

That's too bad - I just sold my Brembo F50/Lotus kit a few months back, that likely would have been ideal. The brake bias on that setup is great; at 55F/45R it's almost dead-on with the OEM NA2 bias.

The downside is the calipers are large and heavy (but your Prodrives should have no problem clearing) but if you're searching for that specific bias, looking into that kit could be an option. FWIW, I had the Brembo e-brake as well and worked fine for what I needed it to do.

Thanks for the info!

I've looked into those combination, but the front ones are big, and even my prodrives could need a spacer to clear them... also the weight of those is a concern, as I'm on the opposite way, trying to shave weight from the car :biggrin:

How did you like your pedal feeling with them? I ask this because bigger pistons can result on a soft brake pedal (more travel).

But Bias is spot on for what I want! :wink:

You bet! They are definitely large and heavy, but are a good setup. Pedal feeling was actually great with no issues; I was worried as I'd heard the same, but the pedal felt excellent and wasn't soft. For what it's worth, my GC-07C's in 17x7.5 et35 did clear, but not sure if the inner spoke clearance is different on the J vs. the C.

Car is looking great by the way.

Why waiting 6 month on a part? You did not ask me ;) Thanks for your nice updated on my CF parts.

Deleting the AC, congrats! Making the NSX faster by putting out the stuff which is not realy needed!

btw: this is the TCARBON item. Super rare, it is discontinued. I have one in stock

DSC_28591.jpg

DSC_28601.jpg

Can you share the part# for the TCARBON plate?

Can you share the part# for the TCARBON plate?

Christian (austrian type-R) may want to confirm... but I think the CF part number is: 77230-SL0-Z50ZA

...and the price.

Well the price... will make you think it is not carbon... but gold...:biggrin: Isn't that true? [MENTION=10201]goldNSX[/MENTION] :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Last edited:
Back