• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Became sick in a supercharger S2000

NRG

Experienced Member
I just came back from sitting in the passenger of a supercharger S2000 with about 360 HP. I'm still dizzy at this moment, but all I can say is "DAMN". I almost threw up in my friend's car as he gave me a 20 minutes ride of my life. I could never imagine any car making an upward ramp over at least 60 MPH. I couldn't look at his speed as I was too busy praying for my life. I felt the G force went through my head at such a high speed. The car was sticking to the road with minimal lean, but I thought I was going to die. At that point, I was praying that it would be over. I was sick to my stomach. I tried to be macho and not show him my fear. I sat in his full bucket seat with a full roll cage around, telling him how great it was. But deep inside, I was scared. I couldn't wait until it was all over right. Wrong! He pulled into a company parking lot with full of cars around. Out of nowhere, he made a U turn by sliding his rear...similiar to a donut. It freaked me out because I thought he was going to hit those cars. Well, I couldn't take anymore surprises so I confessed that the ride freaked me out. Of course, he laughed. He said the last person he gave a ride threw up afterward. I was on the verge of throwing up as the ride gave me a huge headache.

I could never imagine any car out there that would be able to scare the living daylight out of me until after my experience in his track car.

I don't know how you guys do it on the track...i don't think I have the strength. I guess you really need to know your car's ability in order to do what he did...

Last edited:
You know.... it's not really the car.... it's the driver who scared you. If you feel confident in the driver's skill and he's really a skilled driver, you would feel totally different. And from your description, he's quite an idiot driving like that on the street. I would be scared too!

Henry.

You have a very good valid point. All of this happen late at night, but i'm glad no one was around to get injured. I"m going to tell him not to do that again. I told him that i'm never ever going to sit in his car again, unless i'm the driver. I guess i got sick because it was all unexpected.

I'll be checking out future track days for the first time so hopefully, i'll change my mind about not participating before.

nsxhk said:
You know.... it's not really the car.... it's the driver who scared you. If you feel confident in the driver's skill and he's really a skilled driver, you would feel totally different. And from your description, he's quite an idiot driving like that on the street. I would be scared too!

Henry.

Moderator,

Would you be kind to delete this thread? I would appreciate it very much...

For some reason, I feel very bad as I wish to forget about my experience....

nsxhk said:

Henry.

I agree with the driver causing the fright, but even non-scary driving can be nauseating. I've upgraded my car with an R suspension and R compound tires, and I've gotten several people (including myself!) nauseous. In particular, students I'm instructing to whom I give rides get nauseous at the track. They all loved the experience, and were not scared, but the Gs made them nauseous. I now carry Dramamine, and some passengers have eagerly accept it after a ride with me. They and I get used to it after a while. Like roller coasters I think.

best to take the dramamine in advance (easier to prevent nausea than treat it after its onset :wink: )

Andrie Hartanto said:
If you're good, and smooth, your passenger should not get sick. I've only had one passenger that threw up after a ride with me.

I'd have to agree with that statement. I have been ridden in Andrie's, Vazcarra's, Hardee's and Weinberg's race cars and not once I got motion sickness.

And I'm the kind that my face would be as white as a piece of paper after 15 seconds on a merry-go-round. Still couldn't figure out why they call it merry. There is nothing merry about it. :redface:

Somewhere along the line, I'm just fine sitting in with an experience driver.(pls read driver, not racers) and I don't think I'd ever got myself nauseating yet. But I instantly got sick for half day in my father-in-law's ride. and like wise in any other lead foot drivers... You know, those kind with no clue of car control, but keep step on and off the gas paddle, brake with putting the foot on it with no control...etc...

For a passenger taking their first ride in a race car with slicks it can be overwhelming. I remember my first ride in a street F355 with slicks. It's not the speed that gets you; it's the mind-bending adhesion to the track. You're mind is thinking "I would have started braking half a block ago from 75mph." Problem is the turn is coming up.

And you're doing 155.

And still accelerating. :eek:

Back