• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Best aftermarket alarm siren location?

I have just finished installing the Viper 5704... I couldn't decide where to put the siren.

I am thinking right under the wiper, under the wiper motor trim panel...

Any other better spot?

Bump for help!

I still couldn't find a good spot. Where does the OEM one go?:confused:

What about in the side vents?

Last edited:
Bump for help!

I still couldn't find a good spot. Where does the OEM one go?:confused:

What about in the side vents?

Oem alarm did not have a option for siren. Just as Spider2k mention just find a place to point siren down to the ground.

anywhere it has a clear path to the ground pointed straight down. louder this way. make sure you tag the horn too.

it seems too easy to ppl to just cut it before they even temper with the car, and if I leave in the hood looks too aftermarket...

I would put it somewhere behind the dash/stereo and get one that is ear piercing. This way it will be so annoying to anyone inside the car that they won't want to deal with the noise while driving or vandalizing the car.

I believe the new sirens are a bit smaller than the one we use to use in the 90s (wow..i'm old). You can fit the new ones behind the front fender lining behind the AC condenser cooling fan. You can also mount it the way the factory horn was mounted; on the front bumper beam.

Both of these locations may get water soaked so make sure they are self draining units (or drill a small hole on the inner cone). Goes w/o saying.. point them down towards the ground.

I would put it somewhere behind the dash/stereo and get one that is ear piercing. This way it will be so annoying to anyone inside the car that they won't want to deal with the noise while driving or vandalizing the car.
^^ They use to have small Piezo style sirens just for these. TOOLTIME will know.

if it looks "too aftermarket" then use the oem horns and disable the chirps.

we call the piezos pain generators. the dei pn. is a 513t. just went in the stock room to see if we even had one still lol.

I believe the new sirens are a bit smaller than the one we use to use in the 90s (wow..i'm old). You can fit the new ones behind the front fender lining behind the AC condenser cooling fan. You can also mount it the way the factory horn was mounted; on the front bumper beam.

Both of these locations may get water soaked so make sure they are self draining units (or drill a small hole on the inner cone). Goes w/o saying.. point them down towards the ground.

^^ They use to have small Piezo style sirens just for these. TOOLTIME will know.

Around 20years ago when I was installing Hofco alarms they were called inside sirens and or Piezo sirens. The louder the better!

False alarms were non existed on a Hofco.

I never understood the value of car alarms.... especially aftermarket ones.

I prefer a comprehensive coverage with a Zero deductable instead of trying to fight off the bad guys.

Just ain't worth it....

Comprehensive coverage here is a joke on this side of the world, most of the times they wont pay back half of what you have insured.

Back