• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Best Currently Available Headers?

taitec GT-011 is available from Tracy sports japan. I just asked them and it's still available
http://tracysports.shop4.makeshop.jp/shopdetail/000000000056/ct11/page1/order/

I have looked all over for a set of headers and seems like Chris at SOS makes a great product, just curious if there may be a better one for $1,800.00 that SOS is charging. I can order from Japan I am not in a time crunch, just would like to get the best i can for 1800.00.

I been running those headers on my 92 for 10+ years without issues. I think they sound great to with my exhaust and aftermarket high flow cat setup.

Watch out for the cheap headers that are sold under a bunch of different names that have the crappy flex joint that cracks after a few years. If your not installing your own headers it can be an expensive mistake. DC sports or something or other they have a I unique flex joint that fails. Most of the other aftermarket ones are very similar in design.

Last edited:
ordering the titer GT-011

taitec GT-011 is available from Tracy sports japan. I just asked them and it's still available
http://tracysports.shop4.makeshop.jp/shopdetail/000000000056/ct11/page1/order/

So if i wanted to order from Japan anyone available to help, my Japanese is a little rusty LOL.

Would these be considered better or equivalent to the SOS headers?

So if i wanted to order from Japan anyone available to help, my Japanese is a little rusty LOL.

Would these be considered better or equivalent to the SOS headers?

Equivalent. The SOS are very high quality. I bet you Marc at MITA Motorsports can get you a set.

Is the Fujitsubo the only one that has a proper merge collector on both banks?

Several do: Comptech, RFY, KSP, T3TEC, Mugen, Taitec, Fujitsubo, SOS

Honestly, due to the NSX engine layout and some tests done over the years, I'm not fully sold on the benefits of hyper-awesome collectors in our header systems. You're talking like 3-4 more hp tops.

back pressure has never been a thing. I have a hytech built header on one of my cars and looking at getting one for my NSX. For NA cars it's about exhaust pulses and maintaining velocity. On turbo cars you don't have to be as exact because of how the exhaust gases hit the turbine and wastegate.
From reading about 6cyl headers it's a bit easier than say an inline 4 because of the firing order pulses. I use to work with a guy that now does gt3/rs headers for porsches it's pretty interesting what can be done to make more power even on those motors.

Coming back to this topic but from NA2 perspective. The choice is a lot more limited unless I change my whole setup (Toda cats + exhaust, all fit stock NA2 perfectly) which is not a reasonable consideration.
I contacted RFY and Saclam directly, indeed their headers will not fit a NA2 setup and they wont make any (very nice of them to answer my emails though !).
So far from what I can see, here are the headers that fit NA1 only (the length of the front bank header is the most obvious problem):
- KSP
- RFY
- Mugen (and probably copies)
- Saclam
and headers that fit NA2 and NA1 with provided adapters:
- SOS

Still under investigation:
- Fujitsubo ? anyone knows ? I can see pictures here: http://www.speedhunters.com/2018/10/project-nsx-fujitsubo-headers/ and I should compare to my setup, where the front bank would meet the front cat ... Seems to me that the adapters are longer than RFY for example, which is a good sign.
- Taitec ? These seem old design and probably under perform compared to SOS. The newer "full GT system" is NA1 only (or you buy the whole system at once...).

Any other idea ?

Not just SOS but all the 3 into 1 flat collector front bank. This includes the Comptech/CT header.

You can't scavenge properly in a flat collector which is crucial for NA.
According to Burns Stainless, flat merge collectors are fine for 3:1 since the scavenging isn't as crucial or beneficial as a 4:1

Factor X made 800whp+ on obx headers for years on their time attack car.

NA2 headers make more power than NA1, and get you most of the way to the benefits of an aftermarket header

"Unless you're going all out on a high effort NA build header choice is largely irrelevant once you've gotten rid of the NA1 log manifolds."

^^^ this is my thought on the subject as well (y)

The NA2 tubular exhaust manifolds are a massive leap forward from the cast iron corks the NA1's are fitted with. When we bolted the late stock headers to our N/A NSX it felt like a nice uptick on the butt dyno.....let alone the significant weight savings!

Last edited:
"Unless you're going all out on a high effort NA build header choice is largely irrelevant once you've gotten rid of the NA1 log manifolds."

^^^ this is my thought on the subject as well (y)

The NA2 tubular exhaust manifolds are a massive leap forward from the cast iron corks the NA1's are fitted with. When we bolted the late stock headers to our N/A NSX it felt like a nice uptick on the butt dyno.....let alone the significant weight savings!
Agree. Aftermarket focus should be more about fitment, in my opinion. Almost all the different header designs out there for the NSX are within +/- 5 hp of each other. I'm really disappointed with my Pride V2- the flange needed to be ground to fit the head and the NA1 adaptors are wrong. The rear header one is about 10 mm too short. I should have just bought the Comptech and called it a day... :confused: Plenty of used ones out there for $500-1000.

I picked up a set of headers from @foundry3 not too long ago. I haven't had a chance to install them yet but as with all of Chris's work, they're beautiful.

They definitely look different than my CT headers due to shorter primaries. Reading this thread makes me want to pull out my OEM headers and compare them as well. Here's some IG eye candy!

I picked up a set of headers from @foundry3 not too long ago. I haven't had a chance to install them yet but as with all of Chris's work, they're beautiful.

They definitely look different than my CT headers due to shorter primaries. Reading this thread makes me want to pull out my OEM headers and compare them as well. Here's some IG eye candy!
Thanks for the kind words!

I've done quite a bit of work on this and the OEM na2 headers design are actually almost dead on for peak power at 8k for the NSX. The only real improvements to be made are the collection angle on the OEM is harsh and the front bank is a bit short as Honda wanted collection to occur before the subframe for multiple reasons. On my headers that is where I focused my energy.

If you do the math, most aftermarket headers are leaving a lot on the table as they are designed to make peak power at 15k-18k rpms. Lol. Way too long.

Primary length is a balance of diameter, engine variables, and target RPM. It's been a while but off the top of my head 18" or 19" on a 45mm primary is appropriate for the NSX with a peak power target of 8k to 8.5k RPM.

Collection angle is another factor. Iirc I used a 16° or 18° taper and a full proper merge.

I plan to make more this year.

My favorites are Taitec and Fujitsubo. Personally the Fujitsubo are the best for craftsmanship.

Last edited:
I plan to make more this year.

My favorites are Taitec and Fujitsubo. Personally the Fujitsubo are the best for craftsmanship.
Shiny !!
Please count me in if you make more of these, and if they fit NA2. I was about to ask Fujitsubo (difficult to assess from the photos wether they fit or not) but yours would be perfect :) (and the sooner the better, I think i have a pinhole leak on my current headers..).

Agree. Aftermarket focus should be more about fitment, in my opinion. Almost all the different header designs out there for the NSX are within +/- 5 hp of each other. I'm really disappointed with my Pride V2- the flange needed to be ground to fit the head and the NA1 adaptors are wrong. The rear header one is about 10 mm too short. I should have just bought the Comptech and called it a day... :confused: Plenty of used ones out there for $500-1000.
@Honcho I had the exact same problem with the Pride exhaust adapters they were too short, but more like 25mm! I cut and welded in an extension because SOS was out of stock. Not sure who else even offers NA1 adapters besides Pride anymore.. This was on SOS headers FWIW. Interesting to hear this for a 3rd time, Ramon at Niguel Motors said this was the second time he's seen this. I will provide the feedback to Chase at Pride!

Something to consider that I haven't seen mentioned is how equal length the primaries are. This may be minimally important for power, but for me I'm trying to get a certain sound. The SOS had closer equal length primaries vs Comptech and DCs/old comptech so I went with them.

As another data point, I installed the Pride headers, TPs, and V2 exhaust on my car earlier this year. Install was a piece of cake, and fitment was spot on, for me. No modifications to the crossmember or anything other items were required.

Note: Headers and TPs were purchased new from Pride. The Pride V2 exhaust was used.

If you look closely, you can see where the previous owner welded the TP to the rear downpipe :(

Last edited:
As another data point, I installed the Pride headers, TPs, and V2 exhaust on my car earlier this year. Install was a piece of cake, and fitment was spot on, for me. No modifications to the crossmember or anything other items were required.

Note: Headers and TPs were purchased new from Pride. The Pride V2 exhaust was used.

If you look closely, you can see where the previous owner welded the TP to the rear downpipe :(
The Pride V1 headers fit perfectly- I had those on my 91 and they lined up perfectly with the OEM cats and OEM exhaust. It's the V2 headers that have issues. For me, the front bank adapter fits fine, but the rear bank is 10-20mm too short.

The Pride V1 headers fit perfectly- I had those on my 91 and they lined up perfectly with the OEM cats and OEM exhaust. It's the V2 headers that have issues. For me, the front bank adapter fits fine, but the rear bank is 10-20mm too short.
Ah okay, I missed the part about yours being the V2 headers, that makes more sense now. I think this will serve as some good info for future buyers.

V1 Pride headers = good fitment, V2 Pride headers = fitment concerns

Just another FYI for everyone. This may be common knowledge but I just want to repeat for those like me who were unaware. It's commonly understood the 91-94 headers are unique. There's also another break point in year, apparently 95-99 headers are slightly longer than 00-05. This may not be much of an issue UNLESS you mismatch headers from one brand and adapters from another. Likely most brands that make headers make adapter pipes that match. I guess in my situation if SOS designed their header around the 00-05 and Pride around the 95-99 that could explain why together they would be short to the cat. To avoid this possibility if you stick with one brand for adapters and headers you should be good (maybe?).

91-94 - super long
95-99 - shorter
00-05 - ~10mm shorter still

1679612222517.png

I drew a 1D plot to help contextualize this possibility:
1679612836076.png

Just another FYI for everyone. This may be common knowledge but I just want to repeat for those like me who were unaware. It's commonly understood the 91-94 headers are unique. There's also another break point in year, apparently 95-99 headers are slightly longer than 00-05. This may not be much of an issue UNLESS you mismatch headers from one brand and adapters from another. Likely most brands that make headers make adapter pipes that match. I guess in my situation if SOS designed their header around the 00-05 and Pride around the 95-99 that could explain why together they would be short to the cat. To avoid this possibility if you stick with one brand for adapters and headers you should be good (maybe?).

91-94 - super long
95-99 - shorter
00-05 - ~10mm shorter still

View attachment 178768

I drew a 1D plot to help contextualize this possibility:
View attachment 178769
it's funny that you used my photo from when I did that so many many years ago trying to figure out this exact same thing hahahaha

I have a tubisyle muffler and used dali (cheap from ebay) adapters. everything fits but the muffler is off center from my cutouts. I am wondering of different adaptors would move it more centered.

Whats the current best availabile option for 95 stock car, I want more sound, but no drone, thinking about NA2 stock headers or going SOS.

Back