• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Best EQ settings for phone hookup?

Hey everybody,

So I've got a black 02 with the stock bose stereo. Really, i'm not a huge car audiophile guy so it sounds perfectly acceptable to me when using the radio or playing a CD...probably a little bit more power than my old E36 stereo but that was CD only. So the system itself is fine for me andI like the stock look and feel

But I notice that when I hook up my phone through the tape deck I can't make it sound as good. And it's not the quality of the tape deck hookup either, it sounds perfectly clear it's just not balanced correctly. FM radio sounds perfectly fine, I think it's just that the EQ settings I use for listening via headphones aren't ideal for playing over the car stereo.

Does anybody have any advice on what the best EQ setting to use on the phone? (Sony xperia Z3) Some people seem to think the best thing to do is use a completely flat EQ profile on the phone and play with the bass/treble on the car stereo only. Some say the opposite. I guess my preference would be to just have a preset for the car on the phone and leave the headunit controls where they usually sound good for radio and CDs...haven't tried playing a tape yet!

I can't experiment right now because i'm overseas for work but I'd like to hear other people's opinions on this!

Thanks!

attachment.php

Attachments

• ajkyzc.jpg
    ajkyzc.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Back