• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Best lease deal so far?

Exactly!

It's just smarter to lease with such an unsure market, but if it keeps it value 3 years later.. refinance and sell. Easy profit.. if not, no worries. Leasing is like a safety net, people get worried about "renting" the car.. when you can literally refinance when the lease is over.

Although I dont think its smart to put money down on a lease. If you get into an accident.. poof goes the $5,000.

The 5k people are paying are just drive offs. There is a difference between money down and drive offs.

And by accident I assume you are saying the car is totaled.

For the people that are getting the car at this huge discount that would not be correct. The insurance pays fair market value for the car. Whatever is owed to Acura would be paid to them and the left over money is distributed back to you.

The 5k people are paying are just drive offs. There is a difference between money down and drive offs.

And by accident I assume you are saying the car is totaled.

For the people that are getting the car at this huge discount that would not be correct. The insurance pays fair market value for the car. Whatever is owed to Acura would be paid to them and the left over money is distributed back to you.

5K for driveoffs?

Well if first payment/reg/title is about 2k.. would the 3k left over be tax? I don't see where other drive offs would be.

Lease so your not on the hook for depreciation. Also for tax reasons if you own a business. The only way you lose is if you want to purchase the car at end of lease and the buyout is higher then market value. You still might be ok, since I’m sure Acura does not want the car back you might be able to negotiate it down.

If if not just walk and buy another one on used market. Who know what they will be worth 3 years from now, but I don’t wanna be on the hook, plus I have a hard enough time keeping cars 3 years. Always want a new one.

Lease so your not on the hook for depreciation. Also for tax reasons if you own a business. The only way you lose is if you want to purchase the car at end of lease and the buyout is higher then market value. You still might be ok, since I’m sure Acura does not want the car back you might be able to negotiate it down.

If if not just walk and buy another one on used market. Who know what they will be worth 3 years from now, but I don’t wanna be on the hook, plus I have a hard enough time keeping cars 3 years. Always want a new one.

American Honda Finance (AHFC) will never negotiate the residual buyout amount on a lease....... never say never, but they mean it.

Although I dont think its smart to put money down on a lease. If you get into an accident.. poof goes the $5,000.

I misstated terms on lease, $5K drive off which included registration, 1st pyt and tax on incentive...:tongue:

5K for driveoffs?

Well if first payment/reg/title is about 2k.. would the 3k left over be tax? I don't see where other drive offs would be.

Yes the rest are taxes but they are fee taxes. They are associated with the incentive and not the vehicle which makes it qualify as a driveoff.

Exactly!

It's just smarter to lease with such an unsure market, but if it keeps it value 3 years later.. refinance and sell. Easy profit.. if not, no worries. Leasing is like a safety net, people get worried about "renting" the car.. when you can literally refinance when the lease is over.

New to the supercar game here. So should you lease every high end car? Even ones you know will hold their value like a GT2 RS?

New to the supercar game here. So should you lease every high end car? Even ones you know will hold their value like a GT2 RS?

Negative, dependent on ones own financial state...

On a newer release such as the NSX probably best for a lease if you can take advantage of the benefits.
Some of the other F cars P cars lambos have a proven record so you know depreciation curve. Also depends how long you plan on having the car.
With that said i'm planning on buying an NSX ....lol

On a newer release such as the NSX probably best for a lease if you can take advantage of the benefits.
Some of the other F cars P cars lambos have a proven record so you know depreciation curve. Also depends how long you plan on having the car.
With that said i'm planning on buying an NSX ....lol

I'm new to the supercar/high end car game. Where can I learn about the depreciation curves, lease vs finance vs cash, etc.? I want to do my research and not lose a ton of $$ driving a car off the lot. I get it that some cars you'll keep forever and others are temporary until something else comes along but how do I determine if it's better to lease vs finance and deal with selling the car on my own when I'm done with it?

Every car and manufacturer is different. Cars lease differently at different times with all of the variables there are. A lot of the super cars are not lease friendly.

The reality is this. If you want to car that will hold its value well or appreciate you buy a limited model. The gt2 rs you refer to is a perfect example of a car you buy. If you get it at sticker it is a no brainer.

A 911 turbo on the other hand you know you will be losing money. In this case I calculate out the lease vs the buy and take whichever is better.

I'm new to the supercar/high end car game. Where can I learn about the depreciation curves, lease vs finance vs cash, etc.? I want to do my research and not lose a ton of $$ driving a car off the lot. I get it that some cars you'll keep forever and others are temporary until something else comes along but how do I determine if it's better to lease vs finance and deal with selling the car on my own when I'm done with it?

Just google lease vs finance or whatever topic you want to learn more about.

If a car is enough of a dog in sales volume (regardless of how good it is) leases are usually subvented
with low money factors and high residuals to keep payments low....NSX's in the past were always
given cash back and/or low, low payments to get them out the door.

Be prepared to walk away when the lease is over and pay disposition costs - then you get to start over
and continue to lease your way to heaven.

Knocks the heck out of the car's future resale value at some point.

I just got a friend 8k down, $1300 a month, 36m. 174 Msrp. 7500 miles. I though it was good.

Got a minor hiccup.....

Have you guys ever heard a dealer in IL cannot do a lease for California? They also want a $1650 security deposit?

BS!

Who knows what these guys are trying to pull.

Still haven’t locked in a car Rick? I figured you did by now. I might have one for you let follow up with them now. They messaged me on Friday.

If they are charging a deposit it’s to lower your money factor to .00170. They shouldn’t be asking for a deposit, I’m in Chicago, if you need help let me know. I’m not a dealer nor a salesperson just want to make sure people are getting the best deal possible.

Some dealers are better equipped for out of state transactions than others.

I have never leased but Autotrader says it is a common item

https://www.autotrader.com/car-tips/leasing-a-car-8-terms-you-should-know-230563

Can they just let Acura financial do the lease?

It’s more of a case of how much work they are or aren’t willing to do. The system is antiquated that they all use. They can not just plug in the state you are from and the numbers come up. They actually have to call and find out from your local dmv what the costs are associated with the transaction. Some of them aren’t willing to do this because things could come back to bite them in the ass.

Back