• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Best OE tires for my 97

FWIW I really like the Indy 500 for a 3 season tire (I run them in the cooler months with RT615K+ on my NSX, along with RE71 and A052 on my S2000), they grip well even down to +5C weather (where the others turn into hockey pucks). My only gripe is that their sidewalls are softer than I like.

I have new 17/18 wheels that will need tires this spring. I'm leaning towards the Indy 500. I liked reading that you thought the Indy's were pretty good down to +5C weather (not that I'd probably ever drive in that temperature). What size wheel do you have your Indy's on? I ask in case your sidewall may be taller than mine due to wheel diameter.

I have new 17/18 wheels that will need tires this spring. I'm leaning towards the Indy 500. I liked reading that you thought the Indy's were pretty good down to +5C weather (not that I'd probably ever drive in that temperature). What size wheel do you have your Indy's on? I ask in case your sidewall may be taller than mine due to wheel diameter.

51612447323_a043eb677d_c.jpg

Shaun, I run them in 205/45R17 (since they don't come in 215/40R17) and 255/40R17.

Hei. I also have 17/18 rims. Which size of tires you will put on?
Other members can also give me a suggestion. Right now I have 215 45 17 /265 35 18

Have not seen any posts on these recently available tires from Bridgestone for stock OEM 16”/17” rims. They are Potenza RE-71RS. Fortunately, they have the correct widths and load index for the NSX. They are extreme summer with a warning not to operate at freezing temps. Bridgestone announced arrival back in April this year. https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/news/bridgestone-back-potenza-re-71rs-coming-soon/

Tire rack finally got them in stock last month. https://m.tirerack.com/tires/tires....cura&autoYear=1997&autoModel=NSX&autoModClar=

I replaced my 9 year old OE tires and so far they feel pretty comparable to the OEs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh hell yes. Anyone want to buy some Conti ECSs with about 300 miles on them?

Back