• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Best place to install alarm in Vancouver B.C area?

I went to my installer friend's house for installation . He do a pretty good job .

I had Alpine 8081 , but I don't like it .
Clifford should be better .

which car ?

It's for my NSX, I don't like my old alarm too. I'm kinda thinking the Intell-Guard 7000 which has most of features I want, but I've also heard that mechnic is the most important.

I have the Intelligard 7000. I like the alarm a lot. It has a lot of nice features, plus a list of things that can be added. The two features I like the most are the anti-car jacking (ACI) and engine control door lock features. The ACI works along with a two button rocker switch (mine is mounted in the coin holder on the center console). Each time either door is opened, a code must be entered (that you pick) before driving away. If you forget the code, or don't know it, the car beeps in 15 seconds to remind you to enter it. If the code is not entered after 30 seconds, and the car is moving slower than 20 or so MPH, the car shuts off and the light and siren come on. At first the switch was a pain in the ass, but like anything else, I just do it without thinking about it now. The engine controlled door locks are tied in with the tach. After you start the car and rev it to around 2000 rpm's, this is when the doors are locked. This allows you to start the car before your passenger gets in, without worrying about the other door locking prematurely. Some alarms are tied to the ignition switch and lock the doors before the car even starts. I hated this about my old alarm.

The 7000 has a manual as think as a dictionary will all of the adjustments/features available. To be honest with you, I haven't touched a thing since the installer set it up and I am very happy with the unit. Cost was around $370 installed.

Hope this helps.

I realized after typing all this, that I didn't really answer your question. Call Clifford and ask them where an authorized dealer is located in your area. Clifford products can only be installed my authorized dealers.

[This message has been edited by James Cruz (edited 24 January 2001).]

Originally posted by James Cruz:
I have the Intelligard 7000. I like the alarm a lot. It has a lot of nice features, plus a list of things that can be added. The two features I like the most are the anti-car jacking (ACI) and engine control door lock features. The ACI works along with a two button rocker switch (mine is mounted in the coin holder on the center console). Each time either door is opened, a code must be entered (that you pick) before driving away. If you forget the code, or don't know it, the car beeps in 15 seconds to remind you to enter it. If the code is not entered after 30 seconds, and the car is moving slower than 20 or so MPH, the car shuts off and the light and siren come on. At first the switch was a pain in the ass, but like anything else, I just do it without thinking about it now. The engine controlled door locks are tied in with the tach. After you start the car and rev it to around 2000 rpm's, this is when the doors are locked. This allows you to start the car before your passenger gets in, without worrying about the other door locking prematurely. Some alarms are tied to the ignition switch and lock the doors before the car even starts. I hated this about my old alarm.

The 7000 has a manual as think as a dictionary will all of the adjustments/features available. To be honest with you, I haven't touched a thing since the installer set it up and I am very happy with the unit. Cost was around $370 installed.

Hope this helps.

I realized after typing all this, that I didn't really answer your question. Call Clifford and ask them where an authorized dealer is located in your area. Clifford products can only be installed my authorized dealers.

[This message has been edited by James Cruz (edited 24 January 2001).]

How about the intelligard 8000 and 9000?
I think they're newer model, also , is there any way I could add a remote starter onto the the alarm?

If you can park somewhere you don't have to worry about the car rolling away, I'm told you can install remote start, over-ride the clutch sensor, then just leave the car out of gear so it will start when you press the button.

Install the best Clifford then ( Advanguard 4 ) .
Yes , the remote start is possible to install for manual vechile , just remember to leave it in Netural when park .
I 've got it installed .

Back