• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

BEWARE: 2017 ACURA NSX @ MOTORCARS OF JACKSON Located In Mississippi

Glad you got out of this without any financial losses. Always a good idea to trust your instinct. When you get a bad feeling about a transaction, probably a good idea to let it go.

Thank you! I totally agree, go with your instinct and gut feeling. I'm glad, I got my money back.

In retrospect, maybe you could have insisted on a PDI at the nearest Acura dealer?

Going forward if you want an NC1 I would first pm powdbyrice he has a type S buyer who is already an owner maybe there is a deal to be had..I know in the next few months there will be more coming on line FS.

Thank you, for your help docjonh, Currently, I'm working with a private owner with a 2017. I will keep everyone posted on my experience and possible purchase. I'm hoping for a positive outcome.

In retrospect, maybe you could have insisted on a PDI at the nearest Acura dealer?

There was a Acura dealership 5 minutes away from Chip's shop. I did ask, for an inspection. I was told, no Acura will try to sell something the car doesn't need.

There was a Acura dealership 5 minutes away from Chip's shop. I did ask, for an inspection. I was told, no Acura will try to sell something the car doesn't need.

that was a red tapestry...:eek:

He was firm with the price for me as well! I didn’t haggle with Chip….. but I did agree to his asking price if he would ship the car on his dime….. he refused! Thank God…… because I would have bought it! I did ask if I could have the car inspected at that Acura dealership that is 5 minutes from his dealership. He agreed and I called them and asked how much. They said $120…. And Chip wouldn’t pay for that as well! The car was priced way above “market value”…. And when he was so inflexible with the shipping as well as the
Pre-Purchase Inspection (PPI)….. I decided against working with him any further! Hearing how he treated this potential buyer….
1. Wouldn’t even pick him up at the airport after flying in!
2. No test drive without a deposit (maybe for a $1M Ferrari but not a used 4+ year old NSX)!
3. Not immediately taking the car himself to that local Acura dealership (which he specifically told me he’s used many times since according to him…. He told me he’s owned two NSX’s in the past)!

And funny….. instead of taking the car off his website and Autotrader (Or Cargurus… can’t remember what site I saw it on)……. Until he has the problem/ damage addressed….. it’s still For Sale!!!

Hope your poor reviews on his website, YELP & Google….. shows the true character of this slime ball…… and he loses some business until he changes his shady ways!

that was a red tapestry...:eek:

I have direct interaction with this seller as well…… and my follow up threads keep getting deleted…..WHY???

‘I’m starting to wonder if Chip from “Motorcars of Jackson”….. has some influence on this site???

If we worry about our members…… someone could end of buying this POS car for themselves…. And getting screwed….. because it’s OUT OF WARRANTY!

I have direct interaction with this seller as well…… and my follow up threads keep getting deleted…..WHY???

‘I’m starting to wonder if Chip from “Motorcars of Jackson”….. has some influence on this site???

If we worry about our members…… someone could end of buying this POS car for themselves…. And getting screwed….. because it’s OUT OF WARRANTY!

You can tone down the accusations, your threads have not been deleted and Chip from Motorcars of Jackson has no influence on this site in any way, shape, or form.

You can tone down the accusations, your threads have not been deleted and Chip from Motorcars of Jackson has no influence on this site in any way, shape, or form.

+1 [MENTION=37904]drtonyprimo[/MENTION] you've been on this forum for about two minutes. Throwing empty accusations around is not a great way to introduce yourself to this small community. This isn't Facebook and that kind of crap doesn't fly around here. I'll leave your post up, however, because it does contain useful information for other members- I would avoid this dealer too based on the info. I find most of these "exotic" car dealers are pretty slimy/shady operations.

If any dealer refuses to have a certified NSX tech (NC1 or NA1/2) look over the car, that should be a huge red flag. I feel sorry for whoever ends up buying that 2017- it needs to go back to the PMC to be right again...

Fair enough….. but I’m not going to get in a pissing match with you Moderators…. Because I’m going to lose and I know that. But 100% ……my follow up Thread above dated 10/03/2021 @19:03 was absolutely deleted and all it had was confirmation for 91REDNSX….. that’s all. And you’re right…… I’ve only been a “member” for 2 minutes but guess what….. that’s what happens when you just join. I was 5 minutes from buying that vehicle from Chip….. so this Thread stung deep and I don’t want anyone else to be where 91REDNSX or myself could have been. That’s all! I don’t have social media, Facebook, Instagram or any of that bullshit…..and I’m a 23 years veteran of serving my Country. But when I posted and it was “reviewed & deleted” ABSOLUTELY…. for no reason other than me stating facts…… I raised the Bullsh*t Flag……. That’s all. I’m done posting.

Thanks for serving..so word your posts like you were speaking to a higher ranking officer...and a gentleman...:wink:

Fair enough….. but I’m not going to get in a pissing match with you Moderators…. Because I’m going to lose and I know that. But 100% ……my follow up Thread above dated 10/03/2021 @19:03 was absolutely deleted and all it had was confirmation for 91REDNSX….. that’s all. And you’re right…… I’ve only been a “member” for 2 minutes but guess what….. that’s what happens when you just join. I was 5 minutes from buying that vehicle from Chip….. so this Thread stung deep and I don’t want anyone else to be where 91REDNSX or myself could have been. That’s all! I don’t have social media, Facebook, Instagram or any of that bullshit…..and I’m a 23 years veteran of serving my Country. But when I posted and it was “reviewed & deleted” ABSOLUTELY…. for no reason other than me stating facts…… I raised the Bullsh*t Flag……. That’s all. I’m done posting.

You don't need to be done posting but take a beat and relax and breathe. Your post was not deleted, you are a brand new member and as a result your first set of posts have to go through moderation. It's a protection we have built in so that a bot cannot come in and immediately get to the post count they need to be able to PM members and then start spamming our members. Again your post was NOT deleted, it was just stuck in the moderation queue. Some posts raise the flag on the moderation algorithm and some don't, hence why some of your posts were immediately viewable and some were not, but NOTHING was deleted.

And they say the forum is “dead”. It’s been very entertaining lately.

Lots of action!

I think people are getting sick of living in the cesspool of the comments section on the social media and heading back home to Prime.

My sincere apologies….. and I meant that!

Honor, Integrity & Trust….. are just a few of the core values I strive to live by! So this experience with Chip…. Had me all spun up!

I was going to get the PPI from that local Acura Dealer and Chip was ok with that. But that was 3 weeks before 91REDNSX test drove the car and Chip balked at it then……OBVIOUSLY….. because at that point… he knew the car had “Issues”!

I specifically told Chip…… that I had to have “Blind Faith” with him because I was 3000 miles away….. and wasn’t going to get to see it personally. He promised me the car was outstanding!

Lastly …Chip told me that he previously owned Two (2) NSX’s….. so he obviously knew these vehicles! I got fired up…. After seeing this thread…. Because it could’ve been me….. that owned that car…..Out of Warranty!

I didn’t buy it…… because of his arrogance in not wanting to deal or work with me at all. Like I said…. I never haggled with him on his asking price (although it was 4-5 thousand above market value)….. wouldn’t work with me on the shipping costs….. and lastly wouldn’t even pay the $120 for the PPI at the local Acura dealership…. That he could of used for other potential buyers….. so they knew the car was inspected by a Acura NSX Technician…. And given the green light!

I meant no one any disrespect…… I just engaged my mouth….. before engaging my brain. It won’t happen again and I hope to be a valued member…. Of this community!

I'm guessing there will be at least 10% of Type S buyers who will be selling NC1's ...so figure 30 new listings in the next 6 months...

amongst the car forums prime is unique in the high level of shared maturity/intelligence/integrity/all around good looks...:biggrin:

what a story and experience, like many others said, I am glad you got your money back, I also don't feel comfortable when knowing the dealer request a full payment before you can drive the car for a test-drive.

Last edited:
Thanks for the story, glad everything worked out well. I've never bought an expensive car and I can't imagine having that attitude for a 150k car. I can't imagine it for 100k either. It's just unbelievable, it's scary to lose your money at every turn... Then it turns out that they will take money from you for some additional accessories that should be included in the kit or offer something at an inadequate price. It's just like with electric cars; I've seen it before. You can get various extras cheaper https://evadept.com/best-extension-cord-for-ev-charger/ or very expensive from greedy sellers. And they are the same ones!

Last edited:
Wow! Sounds like a lot of red flags that happened before the transaction, starting with the $500 deposit going over VENMO?!?!? To me that would've been a huge turnoff.

NEVER buy the car without going on a test drive. As an enthusiast, flying to the destination and driving the car back is part of the experience. They may be looking for some sucker who has more money than brains (or care) and just will throw money at an Acura dealership to fix the problems. All the panel gaps point to accident history.

However, in the dealership's defense, they are really just a business. Asking them to pay for things may sound reasonable on your side, but for them they get tons of tire kickers who are not serious and it's not worth putting up money on their side when the buyer's not serious. Until you fly there, they know you're not serious. I went through a similar situation with my recent Lexus purchase where we used an independent dealership to do a transaction on a private sale. The dealership was mad sketchy but when I got there the car looked great and what I learned was that the dealership was just very very paranoid about getting scammed themselves. We had to work out a situation where I showed him I actually had the funds in my bank account before he would accept my cashier's check. It was a long ordeal that ended well (drove the car 2k miles back) but I learned about negotiation and trusting instincts.

In your case, I would've probably paid for the gas and asked the dealer to take it for a ride. I do that for insurance purposes so that the owner knows they are covered and I can pay attention to clunks, wind noise, and electronics. When you are driving you are distracted by the road so you may miss somethings.

Again, you just have to use your instincts. When I bought my NSX I did it off-ebay because the owner was close and we were able to do the sale in person. I saved a ton of money and made a great friend in the meantime. In that case I also had the owner drive his own car to show me it was working fine. That was enough to convince me to trust him.

Back