• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

BEWARE 92 Black NSX on eBay VIN #JH4NA1155NT000003 (seller = world-motorsports)

Beware VIN #JH4NA1155NT000003

Watch out for new eBay listing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Acura-NSX-B...tr=true&hash=item25a6e6ef89&item=161713942409

From eBay listing by seller world-motorsports:
"You are looking at possibly the nicest 92 NSX on the market today..2 owner car from new..Clean carfax & autocheck.."RARE" Black on Black..5-speed manual trans,upgraded stereo,Comtech Exhaust & Headers..Great service history including timing belt @ 20,000 miles,rear inner & outer CV boots @ 40,617 miles & oil changes up to date..The current owner babied this car since his purchase in 2008 with 20,000 miles...Must see to believe..This car wont last long so,bid with confidence..You will not be disappointed..If you have any questions,feel free to call Bo. BEING RE-LISTED DUE TO BUYER NOT BEING ABLE TO PAY...IF YOU PLAN ON BIDDING,PLEASE HAVE FUNDS AVAILABLE. ONLY A 5 DAY LISTING. GOOD LUCK !"

I won the initial auction for this vehicle last week and the purchase was contingent on a pre-purchase inspection. I saw the vehicle in person and spoke with the seller directly. He assured me that all maintenance was carried out at the Acura dealership in Las Vegas and that the previous owner had taken meticulous care of it. He also stated that the only paint work was a respray of the front and rear fenders due to scratches.

Here are the results of the PPI:
1. Coolant leak (green fluid in pictures) at the back of the engine block (fresh)
-Unknown source...Head gasket leak? Block leak? Water jacket service port leak?
2. Coolant leak from head gaskets (dry)
3. A/C compressor leak (R-12 fittings)
4. Entire body of car repainted (B-Pillars have matching paint)
-Overspray noted on rear hatch glass rubber
5. Oil pan gasket leak (residue appeared to have been wiped away prior to inspection)

-Please also note that this car is in the snap ring range although upon driving it, my mechanic stated there were no signs of snap ring/ transmission dysfunction

He is now relisting the vehicle at 42.9K stating that the only reason for re-list was that the prior winner of the auction was unable to come up with the funds for the vehicle. I am actually a physician and had funds ready to purchase on Friday if the PPI was even remotely close to what he stated in our conversations over the phone, by email, and in person before the auction ended. This is a direct lie and I would stay away from this vehicle and seller in the future as his credibility is in serious question. Feel free to PM me with any questions. This is not a $43K 92 NSX.

Please also note I informed the seller of the findings this morning over the phone and then see that the vehicle is listed several hours later on eBay. It's unlikely he was able to fix the above leaks within this time period. Proceed with caution Primers.

Last edited:
Thanks for this,

The car is now at a dealer outside of Chicago for 46,971. I will probably still head down there to check it out but appreciate the information.

I wouldn't buy it just for the God awful ugly (no, hideous) rims, and horribly placed subwoofer.

Back