• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

BEWARE: Kelvin Ussery - PayPal FRAUDSTER!

Below is the exact copy & paste e-mail conversation between Kelvin and myself after I posted a WTB for a radio head unit here on Prime. Kelvin contacted me directly through my gmail address.

I have highlighted in red the warning signs I saw...draw your own conclusions.

Kelvin:
Hello, i have the requested OEM factory radio head unit are you still interested in purchasing it?
Thank, Kelvin

Me:
How much?

Kelvin:
Asking price is $600 including shipping cost, I'll be shipping Via FedEx and will accept payment via money gram. send your complete shipping address.

Me:
No thank you.

Kelvin:
How much are you proposing. it's negotiable

Me:
I got mine working perfect, and I was still kind of interested in having a back-up unit on hand, but $600 is way too much. These radios are only worth about $300 to $400. A few past desperate owner-buyers (who over-paid), seem to have everyone thinking these things are now made of gold. Besides that, I'm recently in between employment positions, so buying something I don't currently need isn't a priority right now. Thanks anyway...

Me: What year car is your's from?

Kelvin:
If you've got $300,I could ship it to you.I'm giving it out at that price because I don't have any use for it.where are you located?

Kelvin:
Hi George, Did you get my last message.

Me:
Kelvin, If you still have the radio head unit for $300, I'll take it. Call me at (XXX) XXX-XXXX

Kelvin:
The radio head unit is working perfectly.You can foward payments to alexp6008@gmail .Kindly make payments via the Family and Friends option, as I have to pay for the shipping, from there,and send me your complete shipping address, when you have done so.
Best regards, Kelvin.

Kelvin:
[email protected]

Me:
Here's the info....

Me:
Ok, I will send the PayPal. I'll even send enough to cover the PayPal fees!
Please ship it to me at my girlfriend's work:

Nancy XXXXXXX
c/o ABC Co.
123 Any St.
123 Any St
Any City, TX, XXXXX
Thanks!

Kelvin:
O.k George. remember to send it through the family and friends option,as I have to pay for the shipping, from there.
Best regards, Kelvin.

Me:
I'm going to send it regular way, but I'll send $330 to cover shipping and PayPal fees. I NEED it shipped tomorrow, and send me the tracking number as soon as you get it sent.

Kelvin:
Im asking you to send it that way because I'm paying for the shipping from the payment you are sending. nothing else!
Kelvin.

Kelvin:
$320 is enough to cover shipping and Paypal fees. thanks.

Me:
I'm sorry, Kelvin, but since I don't know you personally, I have to send it the regular PayPal way. I hope you understand.
If you won't accept those terms, then we can't do this. Let me know....

Kelvin:
Paypal covers all transactions.It doesnt matter how you send it.If you use Paypal then you should know that by now. I am facing. sime financial challenges,and cant pay for shipping, or else it is sent via family and friends.the only difference between that and the regular way is that I get to access the payment to be able to withdraw and pay for shipping. The transaction is still covered by Paypal. I hope you understand.
Best regards, Kelvin.

Me:
Are you saying that if I send the payment via the normal PayPal for goods and services that you won't be able to access the money immediately...but you will be able to if I send it as friend / family?

Kelvin:
Yes.that is how it works.
Thanks.

Kelvin,
I double checked with PayPal...that IS NOT how they work, which I already knew because I have used PayPal for YEARS.
No deal....

Me:
PayPal JUST said you have already been investigated as 100% FRAUD!!!!
F**k you, scam artist!!!!!!

Kelvin:
I think your Paypal is 100% different from mine.pleaaase dont ever message me again.

Me:
No, PayPal is PayPal....the ONLY reason you want the money as friend / family is because that is the ONLY way you are allowed to get funds. I'm posting your e-mail on NSX Prime as a fraudster!!!!!

Kelvin:
You forget the term Dispute in Paypal. Im not sure you use Paypal. if you do..then you should know that there is no scam involved in any transaction with Paypal. You can file a Dispute and your money is deducted automatically from my account and sent to you.

Kelvin:
Ill tell you the difference btw friends/ family. good s and services. goods and service doesnt allow the seller to access the payments until the transaction has been marked delivered, by the buyer. while friends/family allows the seller to access funds immediately payment is made. you can call your Paypal to confirm that. Meanwhile I demand an Apology for the insults I have been receiving these past few minutes.
best regards, Kelvin

I personally called PayPal and they confirmed that this person, using this e-mail address and name has previously been investigated for fraud by PayPal, that his account is locked (except for friends & family...?), and that this e-mail address is based out-of-the United States (Kelvin claims he lives in Corpus Christie, TX)

BEWARE!!!!!

Yeah that guy is full of shit. Good job not agreeing to send it as a gift/friends & family there is zero protection if you do that.

there's red flags everywhere.

- wiring money via moneygram
- using the gift method on paypal
- drastically dropping his price

there's plenty of these types of scammers out there.

I would have told him to F off 3 replys in LOL

good job.... one thing I don't understand is if he is 100% fraud, then why does paypal even allow for friends and family they should just kill his account.

paypal is a scam anyway LOL but its all we have

good job I hate these f-ers

Yup. Tons of red flags there. As stated, no protection and no disputing if sent as a gift... Now why Paypal just can't Permaban him is frustrating to hear....

Scammers make E-commerce very difficult for honest people, selling one of my Ducatis on Cycletrader and the scammers are running rampant on there as well!

Back