• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

BEWARE OF 2022 ACURA NSX TYPE-S #129 IN CHICAGO GOLD COAST AUTO GALLERY

Inquired about 2022 Acura NSX Type-S. Blue with 481 miles. Price $238,800. Spoke to owner Joe Abbas who was very nice until I pointed out the airbag light. Afterwards, used profanity and had me on speaker with salesman.
Joe set me up with his salesman Kane (very rude and unprofessional). When I received the purchase order additional fees added that were not disclosed. The only concern was wire the funds asap and not giving me the opportunity to ask any questions. When looking at the photos I noticed the AIRBAG LIGHT ILLUMINATED ON DASH. I question Joe (owner) the stated it's a F**KN new car! It could be low battery!!! Joe said he check the NSX and there was no airbag light on. I requested a video. He said first thing Saturday as they were about to close. I messaged Saturday no response from Joe or Kane. I offered to pay for the NSX to be inspected by Acura at my cost. No reply. They are hiding something for sure. These guys are dishonest, shady, rude and unprofessional. They only want your money and that's it. Be warned and be cautious. Better off taking your business elsewhere...

FYI, the seatbelt light is not illuminated as the seatbelt is fastened. Are they trying to make it look like it’s the seat belt light is on and not the airbag?

This was a no finance sale and was told the title is at the dealership it would take 3 weeks before it would be mailed out. Title needs to be processed. Sounds like the bank is holding the title.

54950603-7069-4432-BF3D-22BD0005C7FE.png151B1DC1-A469-4E8F-9D81-6FAF55A7DA9F.png63C99956-392E-44F6-83E5-43F13667918A.png8EA40DE2-2E3F-4029-9D40-46222C7538A3.png7C684C89-6D4C-413A-BF1D-2202C5DB9E7A.png939CC722-225A-46AA-B728-49FA7D256941.png

I believe the store is part of the Perillo empire.
I had a recruiter I used to come to the Midwest tell me he had a positive experience with them for a Panamera GTS that got shipped to him in CA a while back.
They sell a lot to out of town folks in for meetings.
If you Google this guy you see some interesting stuff.
If you want the car, the folks at McGrath Acura are only a few miles away and can take care of anything.
If the vibe is sufficiently negative, I would shop somewhere else. I hate handing my coin to folks that don't provide the expected level of service.

I believe the store is part of the Perillo empire.
I had a recruiter I used to come to the Midwest tell me he had a positive experience with them for a Panamera GTS that got shipped to him in CA a while back.
They sell a lot to out of town folks in for meetings.
If you Google this guy you see some interesting stuff.
If you want the car, the folks at McGrath Acura are only a few miles away and can take care of anything.
If the vibe is sufficiently negative, I would shop somewhere else. I hate handing my coin to folks that don't provide the expected level of service.
Agree. My experience is that people become defensive when they have something to hide. Probably worth moving on. If they won't let the car be inspected at the Acura dealer literally a few miles away, that should be a MAJOR red flag. For cars at this price point, a PPI like that should be considered non-controversial. If it's a "f$ckin new car!", then it should be no sweat for Acura to give it a thumbs up...

For what it is worth, I'll add:

I've been around quite a few years. I have never heard much of anything good about this dealership.

O P 91rednsx I would beat feet to the next potential candidate. All us NSXers appreciate the heads-up (y)

That's at least $20,000 cheaper than any other available Type S. I know that they seem like d#@ks, but it may be worth pursuing and, once yours, forget that they exist. I know that with Porsche and MB, if the battery dies or gets disconnected, the airbag light needs to be reset. It could be something stupid like that.

This is along the same lines as the Gold Coast Post but I like to convey this to anyone in the car hobby. If you think those guys are bad never deal with Marshall Goldman in Ohio. Marshall Goldman is a heavy Ebay advertiser which is where I first met them. Their photography of the cars is done in an very attractive style and they list their cars at prices higher than they intend to sell them for the purpose of making you call them. I am a bit embarrassed to say that I had two bad experiences -- albeit the cars themselves were good examples.

First, I bought a 1969 Shelby GT500 4 speed convertible that was an excellent car but it was represented to include all the restoration photos. I had many text messages with the salesman and for months the salesman in their Beverly Hills Dealership said they were coming but after a while he just started ghosting me. I just resigned myself to the fact that the car was good, and I was excited to own it, so I blew it off but said I would never deal with that salesman again. After buying the car I was able to get some info from the restorer himself which also helped me forget my irritation.

Second, about a year later, I bought a 1989 Ferrari 328 from their Cleveland Ohio Dealership -- a different guy named Arthur Knight was the salesman this time -- and I paid a bunch of money for it because the car only had 5045 miles on it. While I believe the miles were correct, and still believe that, they also sold it as having fresh complete service. I bought it sight unseen because the car had a hundred of photos on line. I did not realize it at the time but one small area of the car right by the headlight was not shown in any photographs.

When the car arrived you could see it had a minor dent in that area that was about the size of someone's palm. While the dent came out by a paintless dent removal guy it irritated me that they cleverly missed that dent in every photograph -- especially on a six figure car. The photos also missed, suspiciously, where the original wheel paint on two of the wheels had been damaged when the tape weights were removed for the new tires (again no pics of the damaged area). They also missed that the tilt mechanism on the drivers seat was broken. Finally, the radio was bad as it had a CD stuck in it so when you turned it on it would continuously cycle trying to eject the CD.

I was still willing to overlook these problems because I was able to fix them for about $2000 bucks -- although I did not repair the wheels -- because they were still OEM finish. But the cam belt service was expensive and I wanted proof it had been done. For months after the purchase no service records arrived and, even worse, no title. Eventually, after 5 months of asking Arthur Knight ghosted me as well. As a result, I ended up filing a complaint on their dealership bond, won the effort, and the State of Ohio finally induced them to get a title issued in my name.

BTW, I did have fun with them on youtube for a while by posting this story every time they posted a new car on youtube in the comments section. That posting is what finally got them to send me the service record. As it turns out the "service" was not a full service so I ended up sending it to the local Ferrari Dealer and getting it done right. So, no matter how attractive the car they have may be, and they do buy a lot of really nice cars, I am not buying from Marshall Goldman again. If you buy from them just remember my story and the advice is worth exactly what you paid for it.

People who sell high end cars should be treating customers with the utmost respect and care. They pay tremendously for an experience with the car, not just transportation. The dealership is part of that initial experience. This is unacceptable.

Back