• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Bi-amp wiring suggestions

Hey Everyone,

I'm planning my NSX stereo install and been scouring old posts for information on any bi-amp component speaker installs in the NSX. Not having much luck I'm afraid.

I'd prefer to use factory run wire if possible. Many are using the factory signal wires for the Bose speakers to run passive crossovers mounted in the doors. Are there an extra pair of wires to the bose speaker assemblies I could tap? My first thought is to use the power and ground wires driving each Bose door amp but have no clue if they are shared side to side and if not where to splice into them.

If I could use the power wires to each Bose amp, that would be great. Use the power wires for the mids and signal wires for the tweets.

BTW, Speakers - CDT ES630 Braxials, Amp-McIntosh M440, Sub-V3 enclosure are just waiting for me to make a decision on source unit. I'm torn about which direction to go, DD or Single DIN. Had an Eclipse AVN5435 which replaced my CD8061. No comparison in CD sound quality as the CD8061 blew the 5435 away. But I loved the convience of the 5435 with Sat Radio and Nav.

Leaning towards Single Din for CD sound quality. But want the convienence of built in iPod, Sat Radio control. So, this leaves out Denon, McIntosh and Nak for source units.

Not sure about the looks of the new Eclipse 7200mkII, but it's probably a great deck. Anyone had experience with the older Alpine DVA-9965? It's got the features I'm after plus DVD capabilities and HD radio tuner built in.

Any help / experience would be appreciated especially on the wiring question.

Thanks!

you can tag the power/ground for the bose amps in the kick panels. the driver is behind the fuse panel and the passenger is easier to get to. i used these instead of the signal wires as they are a bit on the small side(20ga?).

Looks like someone has addressed the stock wire question. Plenty of posts is the past stating these wires are large enough to handle most aftermarket speakers. I preferred the biamp approach because it gives you flexibility in dialing the system.

I'd suggest that you locate the crossovers outside of the doors (maybe in the trunk or close to where the amp is located). Particularly if the crossovers have any adjustment capability (i.e roll off circuitry or hi freq attenuation).

Wish you well with the install. (You'll enjoy that V3 sub! Great choice)

Back