• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Black roof NSX-T

Why aren't there any NSX-T with black roof???

I think coupes look great with black painted roof,

but all the NSX-T i have seen have same coloured roof.

Why is that??

Buy a black nsx-t and you have a black roof.

The Material is different with the T and Coupe and the fixed roof was black from the factory unless ordered matching, with Green 94 being the exception and Zinardi.

"Zanardi" with an "a." :biggrin: Not to pick on you, but I must have seen it spelled with an "i" a dozen times on this forum this weekend. :smile:

"Zanardi" with an "a." :biggrin: Not to pick on you, but I must have seen it spelled with an "i" a dozen times on this forum this weekend. :smile:

You mean it's not "Zinardi NXS"? :tongue: :tongue:
I swear I saw one for sale on eBay. :tongue:

Why aren't there any NSX-T with black roof???

I think coupes look great with black painted roof,

but all the NSX-T i have seen have same coloured roof.

Why is that??

Why wasn't the original NSX painted with color matching roof? Lots of people like that:biggrin:

Painted roof is an option in Japan, I'm sure you know the US market never get any options.

The NSX "book" produced by Honda said the roof and pillars were painted black to emphasize the cockpit look. Remember - Honda claimed the F-16 was a styling influence with the cab forward and pilot cockpit.

Whenever I see a 1991-1994 NSX I am always amazed how good it looks with the black top. I think someday I may have my 97 top and pillars painted black.

somebody painted their roof black(Blue NSX T) and it just didn't look right with the top off...I think Honda realized that when they made the T and color matched it cuz it looks alot better when the top is off...

somebody painted their roof black(Blue NSX T) and it just didn't look right with the top off...I think Honda realized that when they made the T and color matched it cuz it looks alot better when the top is off...

I think you are right about this, but still, I would like to see some pics of black roof Ts with the top off. Anyone seen any pics like this?

the blue car that had the cockpit blackened was RyanITV's old car from a long long time ago (before he did the NSX-R-T conversion). He used black vinyl to give the look of the black roof without changing the car. i couldn't find any pictures of the NSX-R-T conversion Ryan did with the roof removed.

here's the link to a picture of the car.

pictures from a car show

thread of the process

Last edited:
That's funny about the black top. I think 90% of all pre 95 NSX have done the opposite. They painted the top to match the rest.

:eek: 90% .....alot closer to 9% then 90%.

It's different for me. I've never like the black roof on the red NSX. I love it on the white though. Probably due to the NSX-R. I think it looks best on a black NSX though. :biggrin:

Back