• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Black Work Emotion CR-Kai - on my car finally

my new set of wheels and tires finally came in :biggrin: ...i wanted something a bit more aggressive than oem, but i also wanted black wheels that weren't a freaking arm and a leg....that combined with the limited selection of staggered wheels sizes and offsets for our car made this an enormous PITA....Dave from Wheelsto.com was kind enough to put up with my grumpy, impatient ass...here are some pics.....i'm posting this not to show off the wheels/car (well, maybe a bit heh) , but honestly for others to make an informed decision on what something looks like on our car.... I had a helluva time trying to understand offsets, etc and what would work for our cars....first, the specs...

95 T - with Tein S-Techs/ oem shocks

Work Emotion CR-Kai - powder coated black from the Work factory
17x8 +42
18x9.5 +38
no spacers

Continental Extreme Contact DW
215/40/17
265/35/18

Muteki black open-ended lock nuts

things to note: the pics are large so no one has to squint/sit closer to the pc...hate that....the first fancy pic is of my wheel after Work powder coated it and shipped it to wheelsto.com.... it was difficult to take decent pics of a green car on an overcast day....it had a half-assed alignment when the pics were taken...fixing camber this week....there is no rubbing, tires are quiet and grippy...i love them so far....the rear wheels could stand to come out maybe half an inch to be flush with the fender, but honestly that's good enough for me....anything is better than the oem offset after being dropped an inch...

and yes, you need to click on the FILENAME to view the pics....enjoy...
HERE THEY ARE

---------Just created a flickr page for all of you lazy peeps who want thumbnails lol...----------
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rimjob/

Last edited:
thanks! not really a fan of the 'no center cap' look, but there's not really a choice with these...thought about spray painting the exposed holes/nut black after i knock out the rust and grime...but im too tired to take the wheels off right now....

what color did you get?

thanks! not really a fan of the 'no center cap' look, but there's not really a choice with these...thought about spray painting the exposed holes/nut black after i knock out the rust and grime...but im too tired to take the wheels off right now....

I agree, I think you should definitely paint the centers flat or semi-gloss black. For the lugs, I would just change out your lug nuts to closed end spline types. . otherwise it looks great!

what color did you get?

Mine are gold. Normally a bit flashy for me but I love gold wheels and I like how these look in that color.

There's got to be some centercaps that fit these, or is the opening for the hub not deep enough to fit a cap?

update: I've read on some forums that S2000 center caps will fit, might have to try it.

Last edited:
Mine are gold. Normally a bit flashy for me but I love gold wheels and I like how these look in that color.

There's got to be some centercaps that fit these, or is the opening for the hub not deep enough to fit a cap?

update: I've read on some forums that S2000 center caps will fit, might have to try it.

hmm...i may try a set of s2k off ebay...thanks....or just ghetto it with black spray paint lol

and dhalsim, i hate the blue stems....thats what Work sent to wheelsto.com and i assumed that since i paid to have the wheels powder coated black, common sense would dictate that the stems would be black too....bah....never assume....too much of a hassle to unmount the tires so i'm probably going to paint those black by hand....

so mochanges, be sure to specify what color stems you want or i'm guessing you'll have some electric blue eyesores sticking out of your beautiful gold wheels....

Back