• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Blodi's BBSC Install......

Awesome. So, what can this new motor be pushed too with meth injection and pump gas?

Damn that thing is going to be nuts when it's done. It's probably a good thing Cody is so far away or I might be tempted too. :biggrin:

Cody knows his stuff! He was right on the money with his diagnosis based on my symptoms. Two cracks on the ringlands, right on the edge of the rings where they would be weakest.......
It was the #2 cylinder (middle rear bank), which was the one that tested low when I did the compression test, which I guess is obvious.

Resampled_2013-02-05_19-17-02_1 by blodi, on Flickr

Amazing to think that this whole process which is such a huge amount of work and time is all because of two 2-3mm cracks... :p

Amazing to think that this whole process which is such a huge amount of work and time is all because of two 2-3mm cracks... :p

Wow. Not really germaine, but I wonder what it would run you ($$ wise) if it was a Ferrari? :eek:

Hmmmmm......I wonder if that is mine on the stand behind it.

Hmmmmm......I wonder if that is mine on the stand behind it.

Nope, one of these is yours Ron...

579801_465663576820018_254958102_n.jpg

We are waiting on everyone's parts to get back from some sort of machining. Ron's motor and installation is first up if his parts get out of machining first, as he has been waiting the longest.

Nope, one of these is yours Ron...

579801_465663576820018_254958102_n.jpg

We are waiting on everyone's parts to get back from some sort of machining. Ron's motor and installation is first up if his parts get out of machining first, as he has been waiting the longest.
I'm looking forward to getting into the queue !!!

Brian

Yep, rods will be completed in a couple of days. Now comes the bad news for Blodi's build, I have to devote the next week to complete NA1MT's car again, so everything else gets bumped. His motor is together, and the cams have to be degree'd, which I've never done. So, off to an associates it goes for a few days so that it can be done properly to avoid another meltdown. Then, back on track.

Well the writing has been on the wall I suppose if you have been in the for sale section recently. I have sold the BBSC and am moving to a turbo setup. I hate to see the BBSC go and we had some big plans for it. I know several people were really anticipating the results. But a deal landed in my lap at just the right time to go turbo.
I hope the new owner of the kit has as much fun with it as I did. I am glad I had it and got to experience it after lusting after one for so long.
Once things are underway a bit more, I'll start a new thread on my turbo build.

You're going to absolutely love the TURBO!

Back