• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Blodi's BBSC Install......

Wow, a link from 2003 designed by a guy who is pissed off at the maker. In other news, we put a man on the moon. Seriously, the best you can do is bring a 7 yr old link of information unrelated to your original post? A link made by a vendor who has literally stolen tens of thousands of dollars from nsxprime members, including dead ones? That's who your "character witness" is? You said it was designed poorly. Tuning blew up those motors. not physical design.

Attachments

• oldnews.jpg
    oldnews.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 275
Chill the F*CK out, man.

There is no article or post that mentions specifically, "If I buy a used Basch SC kit, how do I make it safer?"

Blodi did a nice write up, and I was just looking for filler information.

Basch is no longer around, and Dali, whether you like him or not, has his information (or propaganda) readily available on the internet.

Chill the F*CK out, man.

There is no article or post that mentions specifically, "If I buy a used Basch SC kit, how do I make it safer?"

Blodi did a nice write up, and I was just looking for filler information.

Basch is no longer around, and Dali, whether you like him or not, has his information (or propaganda) readily available on the internet.

im quite chilled out, though I appreciate your concern.

you ought to do more research. how about a quick trip through buyer/seller review and reading on what an honest guy mark johnson of dali is before posting his link as proof?

since you might be busy allow me to educate you to save you the time. the bbsc design is fine. he sold about 300 units. dali sold 4 iirc. while basch was not good at tuning, and cooked plenty of motors due to that.. he also replaced, free of charge, a ton of motors that blew up. my bbsc was solid for 55k miles, minus routine jackshaft bearing replacement. if basch had #1 had the tuning done by an expert, instead of himself, and #2 h had an aem available way back when.. he'ds still be in business.
btw I'm not defending basch. he ripped me off. what I'm defending is his bbsc, which was awesome, and for the $, can't be beat by anything..period.

Some updates.....
Got the SOS VVIS delete kit and installed. Wasn't too bad, but just a lot of stuff to disconnect from the intake manifold and throttle body. My intake had a little bit of oil in it, which is just kinda norm for the paxton I guess.
Before....

IMG_20120402_175953 by blodi, on Flickr

After....

IMG_20120402_182756 by blodi, on Flickr

Intake removed.....

IMG_20120402_180005 by blodi, on Flickr

Got everything back together and started it up....noticed it sounding much quieter than usual. Then realized the supercharger wasn't spinning. A quick look with a dental mirror confirmed my supercharger coupler was missing all the teeth, I guess this is not uncommon for the BBSC. I contacted onestepx and had him get a set of his high strength couplers machined up, got them in about a week! In the meantime I send my throttle body out to Prospeed to be bored out. Also got it back in about a week! and looked great!

New coupler installed, old one next to it missing teeth....

IMG_20120417_190251 by blodi, on Flickr

Bored out throttle body...

IMG_20120420_165648 by blodi, on Flickr

So I got everything back together yesterday, and after a hiccup with a starter connection was corrected I went out for a test drive....I could instantly tell a difference with the bored throttle body, much better throttle response!

Long story short on the next part....one of the little set screws for the new coupler backed out on me after a few miles and jammed up between the coupler and blower drive shaft housing stalling the car...had to get towed home....:frown:

IMG_20120422_164441 by blodi, on Flickr

So just had to order a new spider gear...the heat of the friction melted the old one and I have to clean up the coupler and driveshaft housing attachment on the blower, it got pretty beat up from the set screw. Should have it back on the road by this weekend, but still sucks. Think I'll be using some thread lock on the set screws next time. :wink: Hopefully it all goes back together well. Scheduled to go up to LoveFab in 3 weeks for a RPS clutch, new CV's and Cody to work his magic on the tune! Can't wait to see the numbers!

Getting the RPS Single. Got it from fellow local primer Jorligan. I know it will be stiff, but should hold all the power easily. Stock one is just getting worse and worse. Wouldn't even hold through 2nd over the weekend before the car self destructed.

Looking great man.

Does the RPS clutch come with a light weight flywheel?
I'm curious to know what kind of numbers you get out of the tune.

Good luck man.

Looking great man.

Does the RPS clutch come with a light weight flywheel?
I'm curious to know what kind of numbers you get out of the tune.

Good luck man.

Yes, it comes with a light weight flywheel. I'm curious too! EAC recently got 410whp with his very similar setup running 2lbs less boost than I am....so....

Good luck dude. I got my RPS installed today. It's stiff, but engages smoothly so it's all good.

I'm getting tuned again on Sunday.....

I hope you get some good numbers!

Good luck dude. I got my RPS installed today. It's stiff, but engages smoothly so it's all good.

I'm getting tuned again on Sunday.....

I hope you get some good numbers!

Yeah, I've gotten to drive another local turbo car with the RPS, so I know what I'm getting into. It'll be nice to get a leg workout while I'm enjoying the car. :biggrin:

It'll be interesting to see how my numbers compare to your BBSC numbers. You had the same setup really, but with 2psi less. Although my car will be on a low reading Mustang dyno....so that will hurt the numbers a bit.

Good luck with your turbo tuning! That'll be cool to see those numbers too!

Took a trip up to Traverse City and to LoveFab over the weekend. The car won't be done til Tues/Wed due to stubborn axles and my slave cylinder being on is death bed. Before Cody started on the trans stuff, he put it on the dyno for a baseline run and then gave it some more timing since the last tuner left it extremely conservative. The gains already are impressive w/ just two dyno pulls, but I'll wait until it is completely done to post the results. I can't wait to get to try it out!

BTW, awesome just to get to see the LoveFab HQ. Lots of cool stuff going on there especially the Pikes Peak build stuff. Thanks for letting us snoop around for a while Cody!

IMG_20120513_133700 by blodi, on Flickr

FINAL RESULTS ARE IN!

Like I said, the tuner I used last year was a very solid tuner, just not familiar with the NSX specifically and left the timing very conservative. Cody was really able to get the timing up where it needed to be....I'd say the results speak for themselves.....

2012-05-15_17-49-47_524 by blodi, on Flickr

Notice not only the gains, but also how much smoother the curves are!
Cody is bringing the car back tomorrow, I can't wait to try it out!!!! Great work Cody!...not that I expected any less. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Damn! That's awesome! How much boost is that? Is that SAE or STD correction?

Also, what did he tune the AFR's at? How about timing?

FINAL RESULTS ARE IN!

Like I said, the tuner I used last year was a very solid tuner, just not familiar with the NSX specifically and left the timing very conservative. Cody really was really able to get the timing up where it needed to be....I'd say the results speak for themselves.....

2012-05-15_17-49-47_524 by blodi, on Flickr

Cody is bringing the car back tomorrow, I can't wait to try it out!!!! Great work Cody!...not that I expected any less. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Damn! That's awesome! How much boost is that? Is that SAE or STD correction?

Also, what did he tune the AFR's at? How about timing?

The car hits about 9.7 lbs at the top end. Cody said his Mustang dyno is setup at SAE correction. I'm not sure on the timing or AFR's yet as I only have the picture above, but maybe Cody will chime in with some info. The timing before was all the way down to 10 degrees at the top end, so cranking that up really woke it up. I thought it was plenty fast before. Its really gonna be insane to me now!

The car hits about 9.7 lbs at the top end. Cody said his Mustang dyno is setup at SAE correction. I'm not sure on the timing or AFR's yet as I only have the picture above, but maybe Cody will chime in with some info. The timing before was all the way down to 10 degrees at the top end, so cranking that up really woke it up. I thought it was plenty fast before. Its really gonna be insane to me now!

That's how much boost I had on the dyno, once on the street it went up to 10.5 psi!

Yeah, I hope Cody chimes in on Afr's and Timing...

Did you monitor your intake temps at all?

That's how much boost I had on the dyno, once on the street it went up to 10.5 psi!

Yeah, I hope Cody chimes in on Afr's and Timing...

Did you monitor your intake temps at all?

I saw your other thread about IAT's. Not sure what it was at on the dyno, but on the street it totally depends on the ambient temp. Most days in the summer, it hits high 150s/low 160's. Sitting in traffic on the Woodward Cruise last year I saw 190's and even over 200...this was basically idling for an hour in traffic on a 85-90 degree day. If its cooler out like 60 or less, I'll see anywhere 110-135.
This is with no intercooler and 50/50 water/meth injection (big nozzle on the AEM).

FINAL RESULTS ARE IN!

Like I said, the tuner I used last year was a very solid tuner, just not familiar with the NSX specifically and left the timing very conservative. Cody was really able to get the timing up where it needed to be....I'd say the results speak for themselves.....
Looks like you'll have a party starting around 5K as well :wink:
That's gonna be one (even more) fun ride!

Brian

Nice dyno and HP. Not a knock but the retune didn't seem to add anything below 5500rpm's. I'd also like to see an afr graph. Otherwise, super gain from then on.

Nice dyno and HP. Not a knock but the retune didn't seem to add anything below 5500rpm's. I'd also like to see an afr graph. Otherwise, super gain from then on.

True, but I know he did a little with the timing down low, notice the dip at about 2700 is gone now, which was noticeable before even under light acceleration. Not sure if much more can be done about the mid range since the boost is completely linear on the bbsc. Cody was mentioning, and I've thought too, it would be cool to do an overdrive setup on the SC so it puts out the boost sooner and then do some sort of wastegate setup to limit the boost at the high end, similar to a turbo. Not sure how much RPM the SC can handle though.

Nice setup and congrats on new found power, have a good tuner live near by is a plus but have a good tuner knows about nsx is big plus. Like I said on other thread I would choose Cody to tune my nsx over anybody

Back