• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

blue plastic brake stopper

I've changed the blue plastic stoppers
- 1 brake pedal
- 1 clutch pedal
I've an Europe MT but only found one on the clutch pedal, not two. Anybody can confirm that the Europe version only has one? What does the 'upper' of the clutch pedal do in the US version?

The upper (the difficult to reach one) switch on the clutch pedal is for the starter motor interlock - it prevents the starter motor from operating unless the clutch pedal is depressed. The lower switch is for the cruise control and I think also the idle control system signal. If you can start your engine without depressing the clutch pedal then your car does not have the interlock - either someone defeated it or Euro zone cars were never equipped with the interlock.

I have had a number of manual transmission European cars (all from the previous century) and none of them had a clutch interlock. Maybe Honda deleted the interlock for the European market?

The upper (the difficult to reach one) switch on the clutch pedal is for the starter motor interlock - it prevents the starter motor from operating unless the clutch pedal is depressed. The lower switch is for the cruise control and I think also the idle control system signal. If you can start your engine without depressing the clutch pedal then your car does not have the interlock - either someone defeated it or Euro zone cars were never equipped with the interlock.

I have had a number of manual transmission European cars (all from the previous century) and none of them had a clutch interlock. Maybe Honda deleted the interlock for the European market?
Thanks very much for your explanation. The NSX could fall into the early time when the Europe market didn't require pressing the clutch pedal while starting. Modern cars all require it since a few years.
I'll try and we'll see. My guess (hope) is that it doesn't have that switch. Wait...I recall one event when I started the car with a gear selected with the clutch pedal NOT pressed down and it did sudden jump forward. :) So I guess we have the answer...Thanks! :)

Last edited:
Back