• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Brake lamp lights goes on/off

ok, here's the problem.

Sometimes when I start my car, the brake lamp iight would come on, while other times it'll be off. I had the dealer check this and they replaced the relays and bulbs at the rear lights. I thought that would fix the problem but after a while it came on again. I took it back to them and they made sure the ground was grounded good(did that make sense?). They said the ground was down in the drivers kick panel area.

Anyways, they finished the car, and I went inside the office to sign papers. Upon starting the car to leave, the light came on again. I immidiately called the mechanic over and told him it's still coming on. He said they'll order some box/computer/brain...something like that, that goes behind the passengers seat that controls the brake sensors or something(know what I'm talking about?)

Any ideas what the problem might be?

If I can fix it myself I'd rather do it!

My impressions of finding qualified NSX mechanics out here are NONE! IMO, not one mechanic out here is skilled enough to work on the car. I'm beginning to think I'm better off using the board and doing the work myself, rather than having an inexperienced, unknowledeable mechanic working on my car. There is 1 mechanic that I allow to work on the car, but since there's not too many NSX's out here, and almost none are being fixed on a regular basis, his experiences with them are limited and few.

I've owned other Honda's and repeated returns to the dealer for the same problem(s) is where all this negative attitude stems from.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure they know more than I, and I will still bring the car to them until the warrantee expires, but I hate bringing the car back for the same problem.

Sorry this got kind of long, any help or ideas on the problem is appreciated. Thanks

------------------
Richard
NSXTASY
1BADRX7

I don't have the answer, but it probably happened due to the excessive mileage on your car.... You drive so many miles like that and use that brake so much; it was bound to happen. Did you catch the sarcasm there, 'cos I laid it in pretty thick.
wink.gif

------------------
Todd Arnold
http://www.geocities.com/nsxcessive/index.html

Originally posted by Nsxotic:
I don't have the answer, but it probably happened due to the excessive mileage on your car.... You drive so many miles like that and use that brake so much; it was bound to happen. Did you catch the sarcasm there, 'cos I laid it in pretty thick.
wink.gif

He must have needed to drive it somewhere to get a couple more pictures...

Back