• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Brake Squeal

I have iron rotors.

Car has under 1K miles and during low speed stops (like pulling up to garage or stop light), I get a pretty loud and obnoxious squeal coming from the front brakes. Per the owners manual, this is normal which I don't doubt that at all. Curious what if anything I can do to minimize this noise? Should I do a few aggressive stops to remove glaze?

Thanks

Last edited:
I have iron rotors.

Car has under 1K miles and during low speed stops (like pulling up to garage or stop light), I get a pretty loud and obnoxious squeal coming from the front brakes. Per the owners manual, this is normal which I don't doubt that at all. Curious what if anything I can do to minimize this noise? Should I do a few aggressive stops to remove glaze?

Thanks

Just time and miles! I had the same thing happen and it was embarrassing. Beautiful new car that squeals to a stop. Luckily it goes away fast :).

Just a little over 2K miles and love driving the car!

heat can help..try being more aggressive on the brakes next time out and see if it still happens.

Just time and miles! I had the same thing happen and it was embarrassing. Beautiful new car that squeals to a stop. Luckily it goes away fast :).

Just a little over 2K miles and love driving the car!

Whew... good thing it 's temporary. I wasn't sure if people were checking out the car or turning heads due to high pitched squeal :D

heat can help..try being more aggressive on the brakes next time out and see if it still happens.
Yep, will do... didn't want to get on the brakes too early but didn't see any specific guidance on miles for breaking in brakes. I know engine / tranny is good to go right out of the gate.

John's suggestion is spot on.
I had the same problem early on. I just took the car out and did some aggressive braking and it would clean them up nice. Would be good for a few days and I would have to do it again. Now at 3400 miles the low speed squeal is gone and has not come back.
Got it - thanks for the feedback.

there were many nsxpo's where nobody wanted to follow me on the scenic drives, with my GTLW with test pipes and cold track pads....:redface:

During hard and late braking the noise typically comes from the passenger seat. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back