• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Brembo or OEM rotors?

Hey Prime,

I need to change out my rotors on a bone stock 94.
It looks like the Brembo ones are about the same price as OEM.
I intend to use stock pads and go to the track only a few times a year.
Which rotors should I go for?

Thanks in advance.

Patrick

Why go with stock. Why not look for some slotted front rotors which would probably be cheaper and just as good. Power slots are just one example. Better gas dispersion during track sessions and when wet.

I've seen many cars in auctions that are wreacked with cracked aftermarket rotors-- they were ALL DRILLED :eek: I have never seen a cracked slotted one tho. Just sharing my observation- take it how ever you want.

SugrueNSX said:
Hey Prime,

I need to change out my rotors on a bone stock 94.
It looks like the Brembo ones are about the same price as OEM.
I intend to use stock pads and go to the track only a few times a year.
Which rotors should I go for?

Thanks in advance.

Patrick

Im in the same situation . The Brembos looks good (specially for the price) but I think I'll stay with the rusty OEMs for now till I upgrade to a BBK.

yea....definitely definitely don't use drilled rotors.....its just for show....I used had slotted/drilled rotors on last year, and it cracked big time only after couple events.
Slotted not slotted, I think the performance difference is minial, in fact, I think plain rotors last the longest.
From what I can recall, I think Brembo rotors for oem setup is cheaper....and if its cheaper......go for it!!!!!

I looked at both when I got new rotors. I ended up going OEM. I was told the OEM rotor is very high quality and will probably last longer than the blank brembo. Is that true? I don't know, but the price difference wasn't much and I have the genuine Honda rotors. As for powerslot, they cost a lot more and slotted rotors from what I understand don't offer much in the way of increased performance with todays brake pad technology.

The Brembo (Bradi) blanks can be had for about $45 a pair from europartsdirect.com. They even throw in free shipping. I figured these would be just as good as OEM.

Autozone...

2 year warranty and compared to powerslot, the veins and thickness is the same..
:wink:

x

I don't know about you, but the last place I would want to go cheap on is the ability for my car to stop!

NetViper said:
I don't know about you, but the last place I would want to go cheap on is the ability for my car to stop!

I agree, but Bradi makes the Brembo blanks and I think we all agree that Brembo makes a good quality product. I may be wrong, but don't think OEM rotors would be any better or safer.

Follow up on my track reports / rotor question.

You'd be surprised.

x

It's like batteries.. did you know that all of advance auto's batteries are all the same? The only difference is that sticker they put on it..

Or that Duracell and Energizer are actually made from the same company..

sales and marketing..

it's all there.

Back