• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Brian Long Book - Acura NSX: Honda's Supercar

Thanks for the heads-up. I noticed copies of the first printing commanding hundreds on ebay. I can certainly wait until October.

Fantastic find! I just pre-ordered. I need a bigger coffee table. House guests love to read this stuff. I have so many brochures and intriguing/fabulously engineered car parts for show and tell.

I've never read a Brian Long book, and wasn't aware he had one covering the RX7. I'll have to add that to my wish list.

Last edited:
What's in this second edition of the book - just new chapters on the new NC1, or more on our NA1/2?
is it worth buying if you already have the first edition?

Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong but I think it's a second release/printing due to demand. No new info.

I don't have the first edition so have nothing to compare to. But I'm picking nothing new. It is labelled a second edition rather than a reprinting. There is a paragraph 'notes on the second edition' in the intro which says it takes the opportunity to wrap up the story of the first generation. There is a concluding paragraph on the second generation and one press photo dated 25 Augst 2016 but thats the extent of 2nd generation. There may be additional info on 1st gen but as I say I have nothing to compare to.

What's in this second edition of the book - just new chapters on the new NC1, or more on our NA1/2?
is it worth buying if you already have the first edition?

I have a 1st edition and am curious to compare. Had one pre-ordered on amazon for $54 for months and still marked as TBD in my Orders area...just cancelled it earlier today actually and ordered one off Ebay for $38...

Got my copy from the U.K. about 2 weeks ago, $40 ish including shipping. The Book Of Mormon for the NSX Believers..Instead of multiple wives I'd prefer multiple NSX's..

I have written to the publisher asking them to detail the difference between this new edition and the original - this is the reply I received:

The differences are:

The book now has section that updates the NSX story beyond 2005. Additional material at end of Chapter 7 (pp215-218):

Changes in the wind 215
Unique ending for the NSX 216
Racing round-up 216
Finally 218

Additional material is also mentioned in "Notes on the Second Edition", p4

Additions to index, and cover also changed to reflect it:

Back cover - "The definitive" to "Revised and updated, this is the definitive" AND "Honda's supercar" to "Honda's original supercar”

Thanks to Kirsty @ Veloce Publishing for this.

Last edited:
Mine just arrived today, it's a great joy. Boy there's a lot of info and great photos. It'll take me a while to read cover-to-cover. I plan on ordering more of his books shortly.

Back