• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Brian Long HONDA/ACURA NSX 3rd Edition

Interesting, I wonder how much NC1 content will be in it?

^the publisher told me that they were planning to have (amongst the “standard” NC1 content) a detailed section on the Type S listing all configurations of the 350 cars.

as much as i love the NSX, I just can't warm up to the last generation no matter how hard I try or hear good things about them. I guess I'm old fashioned having owned a few of the early 90's model I just have a soft spot for them.

Interesting, I wonder how much NC1 content will be in it?
64 pages? I saw the ToC, but I can't figure if they've trimmed the NA1&2 content to make room for NC. The headings for Chapters 1-7 are the same except 2 pages titled "Finally" seem to be gone from chapter 7 and they've added Ch 8, "The second generation" and Ch 9, no chapter title noted. It's 288 pages vs. 224 for my 2nd ed, so So ~64 pages on the NC? Figure they would be trumpetting it if they had added any NA1/NA2 content, so probably not.

2nd ed was 224 p, 16 more than the 1st ed, but not sure what they added for the 2nd edition. From the TOC, it appears to be "Changes in the wind", "Racing Roundup", and "Finally" in Chapter 7.

Not sold on the cover. I could kind of understand the suboptimal fat 5's on the 1st & 2nd edition covers since that was the debut look, but based on the numbers, (3k vs. 19k) not having an NA1/NA2 on the front seems off. I suggest a '91, an '01 with the top off or maybe an '05, & an NC Type S.

Price is fair, so may still go for it if they kept all the NA content and just added the NC, but I'm waffling with that cover.

Last edited:
I preordered it. I'm a hoarder of all things NSX and have an extensive library. I enjoyed the prior two editions.

I preordered it. I'm a hoarder of all things NSX and have an extensive library. I enjoyed the prior two editions.
Did you preorder from Amazon or the publisher? The publisher states this book will not be available on Amazon, although Amazon seems to have a listing.

I ordered it on Amazon.

Publisher says it's not available from Amazon. Buy from them directly.

as much as i love the NSX, I just can't warm up to the last generation no matter how hard I try or hear good things about them. I guess I'm old fashioned having owned a few of the early 90's model I just have a soft spot for them.
Love the interior, Love the drivetrain, Hate the exterior! ALWAYS struck me as a pimped out Honda Accord.

Back