• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

[Bride type RO seat rails] feedback needed.

Hi

As I'm looking for seat rails for my Recaro Pole Position ABE seats, I know the best rails ever are the SoS V2 so far.
Unfortunately, being from Europe, the total amount for only 2 rails would be insane for me (circa $1400) that's why I've started looking for cheaper alternatives.

I found out what I expect to be a nice alternative with the BRIDE Super Seat Rail Subframe Type-RO. PN : H114RO & H113RO. I would use the import stays in option in order to fit my 430mm pole position ABE.
Are they any good and easy install ? My main concern is about the sitting height. I haven't been able to find any relevant information if they are at OEM height position, or lowered ?
I would appreciate any feedback about this.

capture_ 2023-10-18 09.38.21_01.png

I went for Bride rails for my Recaro ABE's and as I'm 6'3", needed to cut and shut the rails to get the seat base touching the carpet and gain sufficient headroom. Depending on your height, this may or not be something to consider.
I had the side brackets fabricated but I know some have used the factory Recaro brackets with slight modification.

thanks for your input , very helpful. So, they're probably not as low as other 'super low' rails.
I'm 6'1" so maybe it would be a problem too.
For the brackets, I was thinking of the official bride ones
85931_001_c9f38c3b-590c-4ec3-a250-6b537484544c.jpg

I had originally considered Bride RO rails for my seats but I ended up getting the FG since they actually sit lower (no rear cross bracket and there are individual slide adjuster levers on each side rather than one bar in the front).

1700259591760.png

I'm only 5'9" and these rails with the proper side brackets that can allow maximum adjustment I can pretty much mount the bottom of the seat on the floor, maybe with about 0.5" of clearance to the carpet on the lowest setting (side mount and seat dependent, not so much the rails/sliders).

Recently did the Carbon ABE's with WedgeBrackets/recaro side brackets. At your height you will not be able to use the Recaro side brackets as i'm 5-7 and wearing a helmet is already tight. I also had to move the seat belt mounts to the side brackets as the wedges have them mount on the lower rail which is NOT acceptable. The mounts in mugen-k's photo look like the way to go as no custom side mounts appear to be needed, although having separate release bars if thats what i'm seeing may be difficult. You will for sure need to move the seat to get in and out if you are street. If using standard belts, you will need to purchase new inner belt mounts(purchase either OE outside mounts or R mounts if you must use your dash warning lights) and you will need to re-bend them extensively to get the belt mounts nicely in the seat slot. In general these seats set you upright quite a bit so i found this fitment a LOT tighter than i expected. Saved exactly 30 lbs with about 3 lbs of skelotonization in that number. Fantastic seats for the mostly street fellow. A few pics attached.

Attachments

• 20230930_015343.jpg
    20230930_015343.jpg
    253.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 20230930_014540.jpg
    20230930_014540.jpg
    282.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 20231013_025425_02.jpg
    20231013_025425_02.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 19
I had originally considered Bride RO rails for my seats but I ended up getting the FG since they actually sit lower (no rear cross bracket and there are individual slide adjuster levers on each side rather than one bar in the front).

View attachment 185807

I'm only 5'9" and these rails with the proper side brackets that can allow maximum adjustment I can pretty much mount the bottom of the seat on the floor, maybe with about 0.5" of clearance to the carpet on the lowest setting (side mount and seat dependent, not so much the rails/sliders).
Any installed pics you can share?

This kind of gets into whether you like to sit low or high and whether you will ever need to wear a helmet. While of course sitting low gives a slightly lower center of gravity, but i've personally always liked to sit a bit high, better visibility and can better see those sexy fenders and for indexing around those fast corners (as if i'm race driver he-he)! Pic's are attached to the above thread, but if you can't view them, I can DM them to you.

This kind of gets into whether you like to sit low or high and whether you will ever need to wear a helmet. While of course sitting low gives a slightly lower center of gravity, but i've personally always liked to sit a bit high, better visibility and can better see those sexy fenders and for indexing around those fast corners (as if i'm race driver he-he)! Pic's are attached to the above thread, but if you can't view them, I can DM them to you.
Im 5’8” and plan to wear a helmet for HPDE occasionally. But I was asking for pics of the FG rails from Mugen-k haha. Thank you though!

Back