• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

BringAtrailer won't list my NSX because I posted it on NSX prime. Can anyone help?

I have an NSX Zanardi that is ready to go onto BringAtrailer (BaT). However they (BaT) won't list it because my old NSXprime marketplace advert is still showing. I suspect that the real issue is that I put a price in my ad, and that's likely to mess up the BaT auction.

NSXprime is reluctant to remove any ads from the marketplace. So the challenge is that posting in the marketplace eliminate your ability to run the car on BaT.

It's an unfortunate situation. Can anyone help or suggest how to resolve this?

Help appreciated.
Daniel

Just edit and remove the content of the listing and just mention that it is no longer for sale on Prime.

Last edited:
No reply yet.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. No response from anyone at NSXprime yet.

The challenge for this website is that their policy will induce owner to NOT list their cars in this marketplace. I think it had 3 or 4 people email me from the marketplace posting, while BaT will get thousands of views and lots of inquiries. If a seller has to choose then its an easy one.

NSXprime has a policy that puts them up against BaT, rather than have a policy where sellers can work with both websites, we'll now have to choose.

If they just remove the price from my posting then I can proceed with BaT. Otherwise I am stuck.

It does not seem, to me, that their policy helps the community.

Any other suggestions appreciated.

Daniel

Thanks for the suggestion.

I did that. then the next day the ad was back with deleted info filled back in and the thread was closed so it could not be edited again.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I did that. then the next day the ad was back with deleted info filled back in and the thread was closed so it could not be edited again.

My guess is that’s because you aren’t supposed to remove pricing from ads. I’d reach out to RSO and ask him to help and explain the situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prime has a policy of not deleting ads so that the history is maintained for the benefits of our membership. When a dealer comes on here to advertise for free and not contribute to the site that’s a risk the dealer assumes.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...JH4NA1187ST000073?highlight=JH4NA1187ST000073

Here is an example of a car that was listed in BaT and also listed here on Prime. Therefore, it is possible.
As I recall, the price was blank during the time of the auction. It was updated after the auction closed for record keeping.

Exceptions had been made in the past for longtime members or dealers who have supported the site and not just taken advantage of the free advertising

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/payments.php

Prime has a policy of not deleting ads so that the history is maintained for the benefits of our membership. When a dealer comes on here to advertise for free and not contribute to the site that’s a risk the dealer assumes.

Shame on him if he's a dealer. I'm sure in the terms of agreement somewhere it states anything posted on NSX Prime becomes "property" of NSX Prime.

nice work!:wink:

Jeepers - sounds a little hostile here. I thought I was bringing an important car to the community before showing the public. Thats how I thought of it anyway.

I have just made a donation to help keep the site alive.

Daniel

Back