• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Business Trip/w wife to SF week of 6/1. Help a brother out!

I have a business trip to the wonderful Bay Area for 6 days. I plan to stay in SF for 4 nights and the Napa area for 2.

I lived in SF 1992/1993. I'm sure a lot has changed. My company is putting me up in the Four Seasons (I know, roughing it.)

Question 1) What are the not to miss places to go in SF. Dinner, Happy Hour, Sights, Breakfast, Dim Sum, Pizza?

Question 2) Where the heck to I stay in the Napa area? B&B, Cabin, resort, Winery? Where do I eat and most importantly what are the not to miss vineyards?

Here is the advice I have received so far from a neighborhood couple who stayed and played there recently.
In SF Go to Blue Door for Coffee. Visit the Muir Woods. Exploratorium. Anthonies for lunch in Little Italy, Visit the hills on the other side of the Golden Gate Bridge.

In Napa/Sonoma area: In Santa Rosa go to Willies Wine bar and their sister restaurant Willies Seafood and Raw Bar. Eat the Truffle Honey something or other. Check out the Armstrong Woods State Park(music in the woods) and Sonoma Coast Rt1. Chalk Hill winery and Korbel. Check out Healdsburg square area for some nice relaxing tastings. And also Guernerville is nice.

I'd be way thankful for any and all good advice!!!!!!

Last edited:
In Napa, I would highly recommend having a wine tasting at Jarvis. Small vineyard hidden in a cave. We enjoyed it very much when we were there last. Need to reserve a spot though since they do not do many showings/tastings.

Ram's Gate. New million dollar renovation. It's a gorgeous winery and if you walk out the back ad look left, you will see Infineon raceway and hear race cars in the distance. I also recommend Viansa and a brick oven pizza out back under the olive trees but Ram's gate is a must. You should also go see Muir woods with the giant redwoods. A nice walk through a forest with a comfortable walkway. The Marina is nice, and go down lombard street. Ride a trolley.

Last edited:
Any Trout fishing (fly fishing)?

How about the Jack London Inn in Glenn Ellen?

Cigar Bar's in SF or Napa/Sonoma?

Dim Sum?

Back