• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Buying a Canadian NSX ?

I'm looking at buying an NSX that is in Canada it's a Can. car.Smog controls should be the same as USA I know speedo will be in km instead of mph and I think Can. cars have the factory fog lites,are there any other differences I should be aware of? would any of you current NSX owners or potential future owners have a problem buying a car that was originally sold in Canada?Doug-91 red/blk

I've owned a Canadian NSX for over 10 years. I've had no problems getting service and/or warranty coverage. Note the lights you speak of are NOT the factory driving lights sold in Japan; they are low wattage daytime running lights made specifically for the Canadian laws in place at the time of sale. Your climate control will read in Celsius and your odometers will read in Kilometers, and the speedo will have prominent Kph markings with Mph shown in smaller, less visible type. There's a rumor (or rumour) that Canadian cars came with 450Hp V-12 engines and sealed engine bays; but I cannot confirm this as my engine bay seems glued shut.

Originally posted by Soichiro:
.There's a rumor (or rumour) that Canadian cars came with 450Hp V-12 engines and sealed engine bays; but I cannot confirm this as my engine bay seems glued shut.

I have never heard that rumor and I have looked at a lot of NSX's in Canada.

------------------
NetViper -= 100% Stock EBP 2000 Civic Si =- Still looking to get an NSX, but at least I can live life at 8,000 RPM!

Originally posted by Soichiro:
There's a rumor (or rumour) that Canadian cars came with 450Hp V-12 engines and sealed engine bays; but I cannot confirm this as my engine bay seems glued shut.

This is true.
wink.gif

As for the bread and Canadian, no.

~Chad.

Back