• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

C8 Z06 Engine Sound Clip

The media response to this has been funny. There was a USA Today article saying “obviously these are fake noises and it’ll be electric”, then road and track was like “boom! flat plane crank, told you”

Anyone see ball park prices yet? First new car in a long time I’m excited for. Curious to see what they did with aero. The C8 has so much potential in looks and performance. To me it looks more like what I imagined the 2nd gen NSX to be, then the actual 2nd gen NSX.

Last edited:
My neighbor has a z51 vert. In person the design is more cohesive than in pics...still busy/fussy in places...but exotic enough

I hope it looks similar to the C8 Z06 renderings. I Love that aggressive OEM+ look.

Looks like a 8500RPM Redline based on the video.

Chevrolet said:
8,600 minutes from now, the world will see professional basketball superstar, gold medalist and avid car enthusiast, Devin Booker and record-breaking, performance builder and driver Emelia Hartford, join our passionate General Motors engineers and designers to find out what it takes to create the All-New 2023 Corvette Z06. Tune in 10.26.21 at 12pm ET.

Great time to be NA car enthusiast with a nice selection of cars that have engines that rev past 8K :cool:

Since the NSX Type S is now unobtainium, the Z06 may attract a few people. An 8600 rpm NA engine? Sweet

HaHa my other other backup plan...

I think getting an allocation for this car will be almost as tough as the NSX Type S, at least the first couple production years. If any somehow end up on the dealer lot, it’ll surely will be marked up even more than the stingrays.

Last edited:
What issues does a GT350 have? Short of monthly engine replacement it is worth the awesome sound!

I think it has had some engine balance related issues. Perhaps Ford was just a tick off with counterbalancing. Nothing (short of a flat crank v-12) sounds a sweet as a flat crank v-8. The Porsche / Subaru boxers don’t sound anywhere as nice. I wonder what a 90 degree Honda C30 would sound like with a flat crank?

670 Horsepower 2.6 Sec. to 60 1.22 G
I know that numbers are not everything, but the question is what color to pick up.
Somebody talk me out of getting one.

670 Horsepower 2.6 Sec. to 60 1.22 G
I know that numbers are not everything, but the question is what color to pick up.
Somebody talk me out of getting one.

Why talk you out of getting one? You can wrap it in a matte grey if you want it to look like Gotham. 😁

Just got my trade in value.
[COLOR=#1383B3 !important][h=1]$9,920 <small class="font-weight-light ml-1 mr-1" ng-style="{'color': dealerStyle.primaryColor}" style="box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 16px; margin-right: 0.25rem !important; margin-left: 0.25rem !important; font-weight: 300 !important; color: rgb(77, 77, 77);">to </small>$18,460[/h][/COLOR]
[h=3]1991 Acura NSX[/h]
<small style="box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 12.8px;">Style: 2D Coupe
Mileage: 135,000
</small>​
<small style="box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 12.8px;">Options and Equipment:Dual Power Seats

Leather

Power Seat

Premium Wheels

</small>​

They are lowballing you! For that money, keep the NSX, get a loan against the value (somewhere around $50k) and buy the corvette.

I know that for 18K you can't get even wrecked or flooded NSX. What a joke the black book is. That is how dealers make money?

Thanks for trusting Black Book to appraise your 1991 Acura NSX. Keep this email for your records.

Congratulations! Your estimated trade-in value is
$9,920 - $18,460

Just got my trade in value.
[COLOR=#1383B3 !important][h=1]$9,920 <small class="font-weight-light ml-1 mr-1" ng-style="{'color': dealerStyle.primaryColor}" style="box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 16px; margin-right: 0.25rem !important; margin-left: 0.25rem !important; font-weight: 300 !important; color: rgb(77, 77, 77);">to </small>$18,460[/h][/COLOR]
[h=3]1991 Acura NSX[/h]
<small style="box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 12.8px;">Style: 2D Coupe
Mileage: 135,000
</small>​
<small style="box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 12.8px;">Options and Equipment:Dual Power Seats

Leather

Power Seat

Premium Wheels

</small>​

ROFLMAO!

None of the usual online valuations works well for the 1st gen NSX.

I have never thought I would want a Corvette.

But this... I am definitely going to get one. I am not in love with the design of the car. But the sound of the engine, the philosophy behind this, the risk-taking attitude of the developers, the desire to push the boundary... it's really special.

I guess never say never.

Back