• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

C936 relay/highbeam relay

Hey prime!
After driving my NSX last night i saw that my blue indicator showing that my high beams are on which i didn't notice since i was in a pretty well lit part of town, turns out they were. after swapping fuses and relays between my NSX and my fathers i found that the relay had gone bad. Armed with this information i went to the local auto parts store and found out that they could not find and thus couldn't order the part needed. Searching online i could not find a replacement for this part. Does anyone know where i could get a replacement?
Thank you for any help!

I am guessing you actually mean the 'dimmer relay'. That is what Honda calls it in the service manual. It is hard to tell from the on-line parts diagram; but, it looks like Honda part # 39762-SG0-003. However, it should have a Denso part number on it which should be 056700-8160. Check your old relay to confirm the Denso part number.

I gather 'local parts store' was not a Honda dealer since the part is still available from Honda. If you can't find the Denso part the part number appears to cross reference to Standard Motor Products RY291 which sells for less than $15. I would be inclined to go with Denso if you can find it. Be sure to check the Denso part number to confirm that you are getting the correct part.

Back