• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Calgary NSX/Ferrari/Lambo/Porsche meet this weekend

There is going to be a huge meet happening on 17th ave at Melrose starting around 5 ish August 16th. I'll probably be there early afternoon on the patio deck and well into the night. If anyone wants to meet up that would be great! One of my NSX buddies will most likely be down with me. Should be good times. Come out for a beer and some pasta and lets have a good time! Expect a Ferrari Enzo, modifed 360's, F430's, Mercielago's, Porsche Carrera GT, and possibly an F40 and much, much, more! See ya all down there.

Last edited:
I'd love to get out for a meet, but this is clearly the ZR Posse which I don't desire participating in.

Kia? Lol I think thats a bit on the harsh side. But maybe they think that. I remember going to one of his car shows and he had all of the NSX's parked on the obscure corner so no one would see them. I think he was even embarrassed to have that car there. lol

I have personally talked to Zahir and thought he was quite a class act. Never had a problem with him. Friendly guy in my opinion. One thing I disagree with Zahir is that an NSX IS a supercar and is priced the EXACT same as some early 80 to mid 90 Ferrari's. So in reality the NSX is in the same club. The only thing that the NSX is missing is Heritage which I must give a salute off to Ferrari.

But the point is that there are going to be EXOTIC cars showing up at this event and why not be down there with these other car enthusiasts? The NSX to most people is EXOTIC. And I'll feed you a story that happened last week to tell you why that is! Last week I was parked right outside of a bar in front of a 2008 Metallic Grey Aston Martin Vantage which is appraised at 110 grand and I could hear the crowd getting a little excited as I pulled up and the discussion soon became, "which car would you take? The NSX or the Aston" and the guys response was, "I'd have to go with the NSX". I had to nudge my buddy who was with me and say, "Don't you LOVE that guy?" lol I was quite thrilled to hear that the NSX is STILL an EXOTIC sports car. When a crowd of people are comparing a car that is 10 years old and the other that is brand new and they still think the NSX better looking, that says quite a bit to me. I'd take my NSX and put it against a mid 90's Ferrari any day. I truly believe it is a special car with TIMELESS looks. No question about that. It is a supercar!

Come out if you can make it guys! I had one guy who was interested but ended being out of town which is unfortunate. If anyone wants to join me I'll be on the patio deck. Come out and enjoy a night of exotics.

I have personally talked to Zahir and thought he was quite a class act.
Zahir is nothing but an Egotist who is "me-deep" in himself. Do a search for Zahir and you'll get your share of history you don't appear to know about.

Zahir is nothing but an Egotist who is "me-deep" in himself. Do a search for Zahir and you'll get your share of history you don't appear to know about.

Why does that history bother you?
can't you bring your car out and meet up with some NSX owners and just kickback and relax? Just because Zahir is there doesn't mean you have to talk or even look at him.

All I'm saying is that it would be nice to have a get together at Melrose if anyone is interested.

Last edited:
What time are you going to be there? Where are you going to park your piece of art? Would hate to get there and not have my car in eye sight...if you know what I mean...I just do not trust people...especially in this city!!

Dam:cool:

What time are you going to be there? Where are you going to park your piece of art? Would hate to get there and not have my car in eye sight...if you know what I mean...I just do not trust people...especially in this city!!

I was thinking of getting there around 3 or 4 and parking right in front of Melrose. If I can't have the car in eye sight than we might have an issue cuz I never leave it unattended. Do you want to meet up before hand and go down together? What part of Calgary do you live?

If you guys are in for a quick cruise, pm me. my kids go down for a nap between 2-4/5. I can meet up with you guys somewhere to shoot the sh*t for a bit.

Wil

Sounds good Will! We'll meet up and bang up a quick cruise this weekend! I'm in. Who else is? How about ENSSEX? U available this weekend?

Bigglezworth, DAM. RJMacmillan - you guys in? We're meeting at 2pm somewhere maybe up by Signal Hill and cruising for a few hours before everyone splits off. PM me.

I am in...have plans at 4:30...and I do not know how to PM anyone...where do I find their personal emails? Anyway...my company email is [email protected]

Please email me and tell me where we are meeting and what time...thanks...will probably golf a round in the morning so I can meet you guys in the afternoon...got to love free golf!

I have some friends with skylines and stuff that kinda want to come out and cruise for fun. Is this okay or do you want to keep it more NSX's only? All i ask is no pimped out honda civics :biggrin:

Well guys I went down to Melrose to check out ZR Auto's car exhibit. It attracted a lot of attention on 17th AVE and traffic sure got congested with everyone slowing down to view the cars. I had my professional photographer meet me down later on in the day to take some pics. Here was the result. Enjoy!

Attachments

• 20080816204249_bull.jpg
    20080816204249_bull.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 43
  • 20080816204337_enzo.jpg
    20080816204337_enzo.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 42
  • 20080816204402_ferrari.jpg
    20080816204402_ferrari.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 37
  • 20080816204449_lambo.jpg
    20080816204449_lambo.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 34
  • 20080816204515_lambo1.jpg
    20080816204515_lambo1.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 43
  • 20080816204603_lambo2.jpg
    20080816204603_lambo2.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 41
  • 20080816204627_lambo3.jpg
    20080816204627_lambo3.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 34
  • 20080816204651_mc12.jpg
    20080816204651_mc12.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 49
  • 20080816204716_vanquish.jpg
    20080816204716_vanquish.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 51
The Maserati MC 12 is a SUPER rare car. I'm surprised the owner got his hands on one because there only 50 built for the entire world. More exclusive than the Ferrari Enzo, more expensive, and faster acceleration times. I think the only thing that the Enzo tops the MC 12 over is in top speed. 203 mph for the MC 12 whereas the Enzo's top speed is around 217-220 mph.

The Maserati MC 12 is a SUPER rare car. I'm surprised the owner got his hands on one because there only 50 built for the entire world. More exclusive than the Ferrari Enzo, more expensive, and faster acceleration times. I think the only thing that the Enzo tops the MC 12 over is in top speed. 203 mph for the MC 12 whereas the Enzo's top speed is around 217-220 mph.
The MC12 and the Enzo share a large quantity of parts with the exterior shell being one of the few exceptions.

picture282largeys5.jpg

As I stated in another post when the discussion was on the Maserati, I can think of a lot of better ways to spend my millions than on one of those.

maserati-mc12-team.jpg

24260.jpg

24261.jpg

24262.jpg

24263.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing those pics Bigglezworth! I agree with with you about spending your million and a half on such a car. I'm not the biggest fan of it
but I do think its exclusive and a neat car. I would rather put my money to a Gumpert Apollo which is considerably cheaper and faster.

The last couple of pics you posted of the blue Maserati are actually of the Maserati M12 Corsa. Its a special version of the car tht costs $1.47 million dollars and produces 744 bhp. Its exclusively used on the track and is not street legal. I guess the car is known to be comparable to the Ferrari FXX (Zahir's dream car).

Thanks for sharing those pics Bigglezworth!

The first picture with the two yellow Gallardos was taken by my girlfriend, we were driving down the highway and all of a sudden about 5 Ferrari's passed, then we turned around and started driving behind these three cars.

Another thing is Dan's MC12 (the one in Calgary and in these pictures) is highly modified, I think Zahir and him are really competetive with each other, that's why Zahir's Enzo is supposedly 1000hp now.

Here is my NSX with Dan's MC12:

picture177vp1.jpg

picture178co6.jpg

picture179ak8.jpg

picture180lo8.jpg

picture184da3.jpg

picture185aj7.jpg

picture187yf5.jpg

I never realized until now that you left your girlfriend in the car Cody.....:cool:

lol

I talked to a guy in Edmonton that drives with these guys, he said he ran away from that MC12 with his Yellow Testarossa, which spur'd that gentleman to get some mods right away.
His is, I think, a Swiss yellow 89 with a few more stock h.p. that most T's.
No other mods. I thought this funny, but he said it was true.
Trev

Back