• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Calgary NSX mechanic?

Who does everyone use for their NSX mechanic in Calgary?

I found one thread indicating option import(option-import.com) but that was by the person who owns it. Has anyone tried them?

I found one thread indicating option import(option-import.com) but that was by the person who owns it. Has anyone tried them?

The Acura dealer has treated me pretty good so far. However, their lead NSX mechanic - who also owns an NSX - has now set up a shop of his own in the old Tirecraft location on Macleod Trail. I believe it's in the same area as Hooters/The Back Alley if that helps. I believe this is Option Import.

ive used both crowfoot acura and silverhill acura. They both treat me great! I lean towards crowfoot because its closer to home for me. Soloracer is right, there was a mechanic who setup shop by the backalley somewhere and owns an nsx. I'll dig up his info. I don't think it was option-import though.

Wil

I believe this is Jim u are talking about, s-zero is his prime name give him a private message, He did open up a shop off of Macleod Tr S.,
Bigglezworth local might have a contact #,
I believe, theres a post on it a few months ago he let everyone know, If I am correct he used to work for Acura.
I do not have his #. Hope this helps some.

Maximumyield

I do all my own mechanical work so I personally don't have any references. That said, I do know that Jim is the OptionImport. I track my ride with the Calgary Exotic Auto Group that Jim also runs with. I only know him through that. It's my understanding he use to be the NSX tech at Silverhill Acura.

Tim

Hi Tim,

Didnt see you at the track last weekend. Maybe next track day?

Yes i did used to work at Silverhill Acura doing pretty much all the nsx work for the past 4 years. I'm very familiar with the car so feel free to drop by and ask me any questions. Our prices are pretty good compared to the dealer and you will most likely have the same mechanic every time as opposed to the dealer. Howard here is also very knowledgeable with regards to nsx's as he worked at silverhill right beside me and did nsx work when i was too busy or away as well. Cheers.

Jim
Option-import.com

Back