• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Calling NSXPrime Photogs - Let's Collaborate & Make a Picture eBook

As of this morning, the e-Coffee Table book I've been working on the last 2 months is officially done and uploaded to iBookstore for publication. Naturally, my mind is now turned to what to do next.

What I'm thinking is I'll publish a book of NSX photographs. I know there are many photogs here with tons of great pictures that would be awesome additions to my own pictures for such a project so here's what I've got in mind.

I'm thinking of a book with about 200 or 300 pictures divided in about 10 or 15 chapters. Right now I'm envisioning a separate chapter for each photographer who has enough to fill one plus additional chapters containing collections from other photogs.

This part is important - I only want pictures to which you own the copyright. That means in almost all cases that you took the pictures. You will retain your copyright, having granted me only permission to include them in this one book. The photogs will be credited in the book in whatever way they wish to be. If you have a photography business or website that you want to promote, I will place links if you wish and of course you can watermark your pictures to advertise and/or protect yourself. I will need pictures that are at least 2048 pixels wide post-crop.

The book will be free for everyone. I am planning to insert a single page at the front of the book that promotes the book I just released today (which I am selling), but otherwise this will be a totally free download in perpetuity. I will buy the ISBN and use my account(s) at the iBookstore (and wherever else) to host it.

At first, it will only be available through the Apple iBookstore for people who have iPads. The reason for this is I only have an iPad and I'm only familiar with the software that makes books for it. But, I do plan to research other formats for other tablets and if/when it's feasible I will make versions for every device possible.

Who's interested? Oscar? RSO34? Synth19? Who else? I know there are other great photogs here whose names aren't coming to me right now. I'm willing to donate my time and talents (such as they are) along with a lot of expertise in ebook creating that I've gained over the last couple months. How about you? Please chime in and let's create something really beautiful! Thanks in advance. :)

This is great and I've been looking at doing this for awhile, but I have no worthy pictures and none that I took (that looks good:biggrin:).

I'm glad you started this thread Skippy.

This will be great since not only will it include your own NSX, but other eye-candy worthy NSX:eek:

I've been wanting to get a simple book done like this:

img0674l.jpg

img0676jr.jpg

img0677s.jpg

One of the lads at NSXCB did this for their members last year and it is a nice piece of work.
There is a fee for theirs but it's cheap and is more than well done.
You can see it at NSXCB or at Amazon.

Cheers
nigel

Pardon my ignorance, but what is NSXCB?

I just queried my photo database and I have almost 2500 pictures tagged "NSX" of my own. :eek:

ETA: Also, I queried Apple's iBookstore and got zero results for "NSX". This could be the first!!

Last edited:
One of the lads at NSXCB did this for their members last year and it is a nice piece of work.
There is a fee for theirs but it's cheap and is more than well done.
You can see it at NSXCB or at Amazon.

Cheers
nigel

Can you provide a direct linky to the book or to where I can purchase? I cant seem to find it....

Last edited:
If you have pictures you want included, either PM me or post links here.

I'm looking for groups of 20 to 30 that have something, anything really, in common. Same photog, same event, same style of photography, etc. If you have just one or a few, I'll happily take them and assign to a gallery as the book is assembled.

I'm also open to ideas. Please share.

I would love to be part of it, and just grab a photo from FF5..lol Let me know how much!

I got a few pics here and there and I am willing to donate. I am no RSO34, so maybe you can use them as a small collage section as opposed to full page.:redface:

Justin at NSXCB did their photo book and did an excellent job.
You can see and buy it at www.blurb.com.
It says $174.00 and i'm sure that's not right.
Seems I paid near $50. US for mine.
I've got a P/M into Justin for the exact info.

Cheers
nigel

Last edited:
Allrightythen! Looks like there will enough interest to proceed. I will start this weekend by drawing up a proposed chapter list. I would like to see at least a few special interest chapters in addition to individual photogs chapters.

Stay tuned!

How does this look?

Cover
Screen+shot+2012-03-17+at+11_35.jpg

Each chapter will have a theme. Each page within the chapter will have a gallery that can hold a variable number of pictures.
IMG_0054.jpg

Here's a gallery page within the first chapter. You can navigate the gallery in that window by swiping left/right.
IMG_0055.jpg

If you tap in the gallery window, it goes full-screen. Tap again and the icons and text disappear for full picture slideshow.
IMG_0056.jpg

We can have as many chapters as needed. This one will be for group gatherings.
IMG_0057.jpg

Another chapter for scenic pics of individual cars.
IMG_0058.jpg

So what's the verdict? The pictures and text I've used so far is just a demo but I think it could be pretty good if enough of us put our heads together.

Back