• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Calling NSXPrime Photogs - Let's Collaborate & Make a Picture eBook

You can use this if you want:
Nice pic, but I need it twice that size. The horizontal resolution of the new iPad is 2048 and I want full-screen versions for all gallery pics.

I think the cover should just be "NSX" in red letters similar to the LFA cover.
I'll consider that. I might put some design choices to a poll as we go along.

Thanks!

You can use this if you want:
6783794352_7ac409867b_b.jpg

WOW that looks bad ass is your car lowered?

I like this pic, its my new desktop background if thats OK LOL

Nice pic, but I need it twice that size. The horizontal resolution of the new iPad is 2048 and I want full-screen versions for all gallery pics.

I'll consider that. I might put some design choices to a poll as we go along.

Thanks!
I'll contact the photographer to see if he still has the larger pics.
WOW that looks bad ass is your car lowered?

I like this pic, its my new desktop background if thats OK LOL
Thanks, its lowered just a tad lol :wink:

I'll contact the photographer to see if he still has the larger pics.
Sounds good.

I think I should get myself to the store and look at pictures like that on that new iPad. Could be they won't look bad on the higher rez, just not as good as they could. I'm finding many people don't have the larger sizes handy and there are a lot of good pics I'd hate to leave behind..

You may try upscaling the images in photoshop or a similar program. That photo for example was at 1024, so it is a straight increase to upsize it to 2048. Even other times I find that photoshop does a decent job at upscaling them. The ipad is going to downscale them to fit its 1024 res anyways, and for the small size of the screen, I doubt it will be that noticeable.

I upscaled brooklyn's image and uploaded it here if you want to test it out and see how it came out

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/9140/67837943527ac409867bbig.jpg

I can definitely see the pixels when it's doubled, but on a 9" screen probably not.

Apple is requiring all new book submissions created with iBooks Author to be recompiled with a recent version that formats for the 2048 width. When I recompiled my other book it went from 75 MB to 142 MB. That's with about 225 6 megapixel pictures.

I can definitely see the pixels when it's doubled, but on a 9" screen probably not.

Apple is requiring all new book submissions created with iBooks Author to be recompiled with a recent version that formats for the 2048 width. When I recompiled my other book it went from 75 MB to 142 MB. That's with about 225 6 megapixel pictures.
That's a heavy book! Will eat up a good chunk of space on the ipad to start populating it with books like that. I guess that is good for their 64GB sales :p I wonder where the sweet spot is for image resolution and image clarity. I have no idea, but I bet that you can drop it down to around 1MB pictures and have little to no loss in user experience of those pictures. I most certainly could be wrong though.

Back