• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.
hello Primers - i am working on the details of a purchase and had a question regarding the Camber on a lowered 94 model - the current camber specs are as follows: FL -2.10, FR -1.52, RL -2.40 RR -2.80 - stock specs suggest somewhere between -0.83 to 0.17 on the front and -2 to -1 in the rear. would lowering the vehicle help to explain why both the front and rear are both well below spec? also, anyone have an opinion as to why the left was much lower on the front while the right was much lower in the rear? to the best of my knowledge (carfax) the vehicle is clean and has never been in an accident. thank you for your expert insight -

The variation on the front wheels could be due to age/miles components being worn or modified. Did you get a PPI? how many miles are on the prospective car?

I'm pretty sure lowering the car would increase the negative camber number. And the difference is understandable given the age of the car in terms of mileage. The real question is: can the camber be adjusted back into spec. You don't mention how much the car has been lowered. That information might be helpful to others here who are more familiar with suspension alignment on the NSX than I am.

1. How Low?
2. Which suspension Brand?
3. What is front R & L Caster? I ask because the camber is .6 different R to L.

In general lower = more negative camber;)......

Regards,
LarryB

1. How Low?
2. Which suspension Brand?
3. What is front R & L Caster? I ask because the camber is .6 different R to L.

In general lower = more negative camber;)......

Regards,
LarryB

Larry-

Am curious, what would be the impact of caster on the camber measurement?

Thanks,

SM

I do not have the exact details, but there is an interaction between them. This is why I wanted to see the caster settings right/left. I know on an alignment rack when you perform a "caster swing" adjustment, you will see a change in camber.

HTH,
LarryB

Larry-

Am curious, what would be the impact of caster on the camber measurement?

Thanks,

SM

I do not have the exact details, but there is an interaction between them. This is why I wanted to see the caster settings right/left. I know on an alignment rack when you perform a "caster swing" adjustment, you will see a change in camber.

HTH,
LarryB

Larry is absolutely correct that caster will alter a wheels camber as the wheel is steered away from dead ahead. On a lot of cars, the increase in camber is quite visible to the naked eye if the steering is cranked to full lock. I have never bothered to check to see whether it is easily discernible on the NSX. With the front wheels pointed in the dead ahead position, I don't think the caster alters the camber. However, the application of toe in would cause the caster to create some additional negative camber. I have no idea as to how much the NSX's toe setting would contribute to the caster induced camber.

Castor doensn't affect static camber. It will affect dynamic camber when the front wheels are being steered.

you sir are the winner.
camber does not change with caster. i would say the ride height has changed on one side causing the difference. im a certified advanced hunter alignment tech. so if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

ON A NSX: After each adjustment of the caster you generally need to re-adjust both the camber and toe as it can, and usually does, have a effect on them.

If your tech does not follow the correct NSX alignment procedure you can get some very silly results. AS to the OP: I don't that alignment indicates a condition that make this car a problem. If it really worries you and all else is good, get a alignment before you buy.

Back