• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Can anyone photoshop a color PLEASE?!! White wheels or gunmetal?

Hey guys can anyone with photoshop skills help me with this? I am considering making the wheels gunmetal or type R white... what do you guys think:

nsx3.jpg

I say do gunmetal. It will make your car look more aggressive, white is too flashy and doesn't really flow well with silver IMO. Additionally gunmetal can get dirty but still look clean while white will require much more attention to maintain a clean look.

Last edited:
Gunmetal for sure

OK no white... although I like white as it makes the wheels look bigger. darker colors make them look smaller. What about matching the body's silverstone? I wish someone could do a photoshop.

Dave, I think Gunmetal works better for your set up. The white is not gonna flow with the rest of your car.

I was going to do white headlamp housings too. I did a quick rudimentary paint program change and tried black, silverstone, gunmetal, and white. The white looked good on the headlamps!

White wheels look good with red and white cars. I vote to leave your wheels as is as I don't think any painted wheels look good on silver cars.

Kinda dissapointed too the black stoptechs are not all that visible. Maybe I will paint them.

Here is a closeup. That's dirt on the wheels not scratches. Car wasnt clean:

8bb0158f.jpg

Last edited:
^^should have gone with silver calipers :)

Then it would disappear into the rotor and wheel. I am not sure that would be ANY more visible.

red calipers always look good no matter what color the car. Can you repaint them?

I will send naked pictures of wingZ's girlfriend to anyone that can do a photoshop for me. :biggrin:

I will send naked pictures of wingZ's girlfriend to anyone that can do a photoshop for me. :biggrin:

Here is my bad attempt to photoshop using microsoft paint. I guess it's not really considered photoshop but at least I tried. Do I still get a prize? :biggrin:

nsx3-1.jpg

Last edited:
Dave next time you go to the track you will know what gunmetal looks like from all the brake dust. :tongue:

PS - I'm just not a fan of gun metal wheels period, as they just look like silver wheels that are really filthy dirty. Even Oscar_Driver's red NSX, which I love, I thought looked better with the silver than the gun metal.

Last edited:
Here is my bad attempt to photoshop using microsoft paint. I guess it's not really considered photoshop but at least I tried. Do I still get a prize? :biggrin:

nsx3-1.jpg

You know... I kinda like this... LOL

Now can you do white? :biggrin:

Dave, someone told me long time ago that keeping only 2 color max (not counting the brake calipers color) for the exterior of the car is the best. When you start bring the third color to the mix, things get ugly fast.
I think there is some true to that.

Dave, someone told me long time ago that keeping only 2 color max (not counting the brake calipers color) for the exterior of the car is the best. When you start bring the third color to the mix, things get ugly fast.
I think there is some true to that.

Its not that simple. Its about the color family. Black, silverstone, and gunmetal are all in the same dark silver family. Now if I introduced yellow and red and silver, yes itd be a disaster. Are you talking about white? Then its still two colors. Silver and white. Whats the third? I am not all that fond of white but it does pop and it does make the wheels look bigger. And I like white headlamp housings. They look mean. Its the car's eyes. Look at Robfenn's car with the white versus silver. So I was thinking that matches the wheels. But I am certainly not convinced of that, so thats why I was asking for a photoshop.

Do you like the gunmetal?

Anthony can you do white for me I will buy you a drink. :wink:

Well, I love my white headlight and my white wheels but of course it works due to my white car. Your car from the pic currently have 2 color. Silver body and black wing, so by adding white headlight and white wheels in...that's your third color and it will look odd. I will do black headlight instead, with black wing and gunmetal wheels will looks better IMHO.

Last edited:
Gunmetal looks perfect, plus your car is slammed so it makes the car look extra aggressive. White wheels would look ugly.

Gunmetal looks perfect, plus your car is slammed so it makes the car look extra aggressive. White wheels would look ugly.

This ^^^

Or you can just buy my Jacksports 02-05 Gunmetal NSX-R replica wheels with brand new Yokohama's and save one set for the track... and have the best of both worlds :biggrin:

Since nobody else is trying here it is in white. Now that I have seen it with white I don't think it looks bad. Still think gunmetal looks better but white doesn't look out of place either so I guess go with your preference.

nsx3-1-1.jpg

Last edited:
Back