• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Can anyone recommend a shop in Fort Collins?

I'm relocating to Fort Collins, CO :biggrin:and am seeking recommendations for shops familiar with the NSX. Thanks,
R

For routine jobs - oil changes, brake work, tire replacement, even replacement of other fluids - any competent mechanic should be able to do those.

For the complicated and knowledge-specific jobs, such as replacing the timing belt and water pump, I recommend taking it to a place that does a fair amount of NSX work, and I'm pretty confident you're not going to find such a place in Fort Collins (no offense). If Chris Weyland is still working at Flatirons Acura in Boulder, that's where I would go. A friend of mine with an NSX in Boulder recommended him strongly. But this was a few years ago and I don't know if he's still there.

For routine jobs - oil changes, brake work, tire replacement, even replacement of other fluids - any competent mechanic should be able to do those.

For the complicated and knowledge-specific jobs, such as replacing the timing belt and water pump, I recommend taking it to a place that does a fair amount of NSX work, and I'm pretty confident you're not going to find such a place in Fort Collins (no offense). If Chris Weyland is still working at Flatirons Acura in Boulder, that's where I would go. A friend of mine with an NSX in Boulder recommended him strongly. But this was a few years ago and I don't know if he's still there.

* I asked a couple of months ago, when I was picking up some parts and Chris was still working there. I've heard great things about Chris too, a true NSX trained expert.

Last edited:
Welcome to the area. Will be neat to see an 02+ Imola Orange around...pretty. Since many folks don't frequent prime we have an email list for NSX owners in CO. PM me your email address and I'll add you.

Chris still works at Flatirons and he's well respected. I he handles NSX owners end-to-end. I called to get a quote on some work Monday and the person I spoke with told me to call back (or leave my number so I could be called) on Wednesday when Chris was in so I could talk directly with him. He and Paul at Pikes Peak Acura (Colorado Springs) have the bulk of the NSX know-how and experience in Colorado. I wouldn't have anyone else do work where NSX knowledge is highly desired (like timing belt, coolant system, A/C system, installing supercharger, installing clutch, tranny work, etc). Chris/Paul are also probably the only people I'd leave my NSX with (all day, overnight, etc)...with other places my rule is to wait while the work is being done...and observe if at all possible.

I'm a DIYer for many things on my cars, especially the NSX because I'm super picky/perfectionist, frugal, and Boulder is inconvenient for me because I'm almost never down in that direction for some other reason. Feel free to bug me if you have questions or want an extra eye if/when tinkering yourself.

As far as local places for more-generic work I take my cars (all Hondas/Acuras) to Metric Motors in Loveland...except for alignment and exhaust work, which they don't do. They're not super convenient (south end of Loveland, no shuttle, not sure about loaners) but they're knowledgable, honest, and reasonably priced. I've never had my NSX there, but might this next week to get Titanium Dave's "Damper Shield" installed (unless I drive to Boulder to have Chris do it).

For exhaust/alignment I use Fort Collins Muffler and Automotive. The place seems a bit like a hole in the wall...but I've always liked the access they allow to vehicles on the lift in the muffler shop. I plan to take my NSX there for alignment assuming that part of the shop (different building than exhaust shop) is as friendly and will let me back there to chat with the tech, sit in the car to appropriately weight it for alignment to be correct with weight of driver, me to specify what I want the final settings to be, etc. The couple times I've had an accord to them for alignment they've nailed it (not difficult from what I understand...but I've had cars come back from other places either not aligned well or aligned well but the steering wheel not centered).

Back