• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Can i use a 98 Cat on 95?

XV2

Registered Member
Hey guys,

This is my first post, but I have viewed many and have gotten a lot of good information from this site, but this is one thing i can't seem to locate. I have searched the site extensively and could not get a definitive ruling. I have found conflicting information stating the 90-95 cats are the same and the 95-99 are the same. The reason i ask is one of the previous owners went and welded the the cats on, i don't know why. Even Ramon was scratching his head. Anyways i need to get some service done and the cats will have to be cut off. I don't want to use aftermarket cats because i don't want to deal with not passing smog a few years down the road. It took a while, but i located some used 98 cats and wanted to make sure they will work before i purchase them. Any help you give would be greatly appreciated.

Go to this parts site:

http://www.acuraautomotiveparts.org/?gclid=CLbghsmdl6cCFUx95QodmUqFcQ

Review Cat part numbers for all years:).

1991-94 same
95-99 same (i think, you need to check if there was a change in 1997, when the engine was 3.2, just cannot remember)
2000-up same

Again, please check the above, I am going from memory, which may not be that reliable:D:D

Regards,
LarryB

Back